TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My New Red TT RS

Old 01-19-2018, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenNotRed
It got installed, it looked like it was gonna fit but in the end it was rubbing against the right hand side rear drive shaft colar as it comes out of the rear diff.

I've now ordered the H&R front and rear kit on part number 33810-2, should be here in a few days.
Hope that one fits. Keep us posted please.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

+1
Old 02-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Whilst I was away from home in sunny California I had a very welcome delivery from H&R - yep, the new TTRS 8S/8J1 / RS3 8V front and rear anti roll bar kit - at last!

Correct part number for the kit is

Correct part for just the rear bar which is not avaiable on its own is

What's even cooler is that after returning from Cali, I now have all of my 034 Motorsport parts to fit which include the top mounts to give an extra 1.6 degrees of negative camber, front and rear subframe locking kits, rear drop mounts and the front adjustable drop mounts. Hopefully getting everything fitted this week. Will report back as soon as it's all on.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Let us know the driving impressions....what springs are you using again? I had H&Rs on my last TTS....with their springs and it was a good combo. Have the springs now on my TTRS and considering the bars next. Good looking car. Btw, is that suds or snow around your car? What state are you in?
Old 02-12-2018, 03:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The car is on KW Variant 3s so I could manage the ride height and quality - the white stuff is snow foam from cleaning.

I'm in Hampshire in the UK.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

BEAUTIFUL
I was looking at the red - but heard it was somewhat orange. Yours look red and very nice.
Goin with blue.

Spacers are for a wider wheel base?
And none of your mods compromise the warranty?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MBFDFF
BEAUTIFUL
I was looking at the red - but heard it was somewhat orange. Yours look red and very nice.
Goin with blue.

Spacers are for a wider wheel base?
And none of your mods compromise the warranty?
Thanks for the kind words. The spacers are more for improved aesthetics as the wheels look a little tucked in for my liking.

As with any mod, the manufacturer would have to prove that a fault with the car was caused by the modification to refuse to carry out warranty work.

A tuned car that's blows a turbo is likely to be refused warranty. If I have spacers and a wheel bearing goes again, they could argue that additional load caused the failure. If the gear box failed, they'd have a hard time proving it was from me fitting coilover suspension or a thicker ARB.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Soapman
+1
It fits!

Along with the 034 Motorsport subframe locking bolts, uprated end links and a quick alignment, the car is properly sorted, nearly all the understeer has be dialed out and the car is way more eager to corner hard, turning in with much more front end bite.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:22 PM
PKT
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GreenNotRed

It fits!

Along with the 034 Motorsport subframe locking bolts, uprated end links and a quick alignment, the car is properly sorted, nearly all the understeer has be dialed out and the car is way more eager to corner hard, turning in with much more front end bite.
Are you getting more g-force or is the new setup letting the back end slide more?
Old 02-15-2018, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just wondering how stiff the rear swaybar is compared to the one on my wife's TT-RS. She has the dynamic plus package that supposedly has a thicker rear swaybar. I haven't measured the stock swaybar, but plan to soon. I would like a little less understeer when pushing hard, but I think she will limit the mods to a rear swaybar. I know that I probably need to find the right tire pressures, but I think that will only make a small difference.

Can we get some negative camber in front without having to buy camber plates?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My New Red TT RS