TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My TTRS thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Srp123
Thank you, was it on this thread? I’ve been looking everywhere for some kind of answer I take delivery next week and wanted to get those holes covered before if I can
For my TT-RS I ordered the following and they fit great!

8S08071559B9
8S08071569B9
8S08074499B9
8S08074509B9
Old 06-25-2018, 12:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DKo5
For my TT-RS I ordered the following and they fit great!

8S08071559B9
8S08071569B9
8S08074499B9
8S08074509B9
it looks like those are parts for the plate holder... do you have any pictures?
Old 06-26-2018, 10:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone got one without oleds and installed them?is it plug and play or is there any software that has to be done too
Old 07-31-2018, 04:07 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Well the time has come to move on...to a new wrap. I really liked this one but I'm starting to see more and more people doing the same to their TT RSs (mostly on IG). The car is in the body shop adding a new front fender and door due to the unfortunate bump, small dent in between the door and fender. Most people say they can barely even see it but I can. Talked to the body shop and they say they cant fix it due to it being Aluminium, a new door and fender are only ~$1900CAD but including the paint and rewrap come to a little north of $11,000CAD. since they have to remove all the XPEL on the hood, bumper, door, rear quarter panel, roof and lower rockers this also removes almost all of the stripping. The company that did the wrap says the can redo the stripes but they cant guarantee the new vinyl will match the old that it will all have to be removed and replaced anyway so may as well do a completely new wrap over the new XPEL PPF. I gave the company doing the new design a few ideas and examples of what I like then told them to use those for inspiration and I don't even want to know what it will look like until they are finished... A little bit of a gamble but I trust them to make something new...I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting to see what Santa brought for me

The current wrap is going.

Photo's taken by Brandon of "Fresh Air Car-Fresheners" Which is a small local company that makes some highend fresheners that are completely at home in your cherished cars. I've chose to support them as they are the only company I've seen that makes carfreshenrs worthy of being in my cars, check them out, you wont regret it.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a fun but expensive project. Can't wait to see the finished project.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a great build thread! Nice job on tweaking your TTRS. Very clean.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Originally Posted by 2018_SQ5
This is a great build thread! Nice job on tweaking your TTRS. Very clean.
Thanks! There are a few more tweeks being held while I'm waiting on the new Wagner Competition Intercooler and then I'll do the water meth injection while the front end of the car is disassembled.

I did have a little damage on the drivers side, a ding that happened right where the door meets the fender and because the two parts had damage both parts required replacing. Door, Fender, hood, mirror and rocker were hit, the PPF on the hood, mirror and rocker did its job and protected the under lying paint. New door and new fender were replaced but the still needed to paint the whole drivers side of the car because its a pearl three part paint job. When the car was rewrapped the total came out to a little over $11,000. CAD. Since we were wrapping it again (complete car in Xpel Ultimate) anyway I decided to change up the whole look and may do it again next spring. So far everyone that's seen the car in person loves it and this weekend it will be entered in the Calgary Illmotion Show where I think it will be a win even without being bagged, guessing 75% of the cars will likely be bagged as it's more of a "stance show".

Still debating if I should put the white Audi rings on it, the look good but make cleaning and waxing a real PITA.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:25 AM
isb
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - very nice job! I would leave the Audi logo off, on the hood at least. I did that after my wrap and don't regret it.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Originally Posted by isb
Wow - very nice job! I would leave the Audi logo off, on the hood at least. I did that after my wrap and don't regret it.
Thanks, I left the logo off the first time I had it wrapped for about a week and then put them back on again...That was a mistake IME as you could never really get it clean in the tight spots. I took them off after a few months and found the surface to be slightly etched around the outline so they went back on. This time they will be left off entirely front and rear, except for the white TTRS on the rear as its already on.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

New wrap looks great. I really like it!

Quick Reply: My TTRS thread.