TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My TTRS thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 06:28 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MattRG
New wrap looks great. I really like it!
Thanks, just came back from illmotion.com show in Calgary and the wrap was received well with many compliments. No awards this show though as every award went to a JDM car as the show is JDM biased and if the car isn't fully stuffed with bags the judges don't even stop to look.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:25 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Well this was a complete impulse purchase, I was waiting for S2T performance to bring out some nice Ti complete paddles but I dont think they are in any hurry. I think these are rather nice looking, nicer than I was expecting. The carbon weave and colour is very close to the OEM carbon fibre trim in the interior, they have a very nice gloss finish and are extremely light weight almost feeling hollow. Install was very easy and straightforward, I used some alcohol to ensure the backside of the factory paddles were free from any oils and then pressed them against the mating surface, doesn’t get much simpler than that. They do fit the OEM paddles almost perfectly but don’t work very well mechanically speaking. When trying to shift using the upper tips it adds leverage which tries to twist the OEM paddle resulting in a squishy feel that is not very satisfying. The backside of the paddles are also very slick and bulbous, this likely won’t result in your fingers sliding off the paddle but it just doesn’t feel right...ideally they could have shaped the backside differently or added some rubber contact points. I might apply some Tesa or anti-slip tape to the contact area just to give a more secure feeling without ruining the aesthetics and go from there but at this price point I would expect more.

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 03-05-2019 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.Z. Wheels

Originally Posted by BRKNJMPR
Well thank you!

Winter is almost here and I was going to use these Neuspeed RSe102's but I had a change of heart today...I ordered some nice white OZ wheels instead, they are a few weeks out but I can't wait for the snow to start...I'll have a different tune come February but for now "Let it snow!".

BRKNJMPR Love what You are doing with the Car. First time Audi Buyer here, My TT should arrive next week. I see these white wheels for winter are a reoccurring theme in Audi sports cars, Similar the Wheels on the early Winning Quattro cars at their museum north of Munich. Is this a tribute/throw back to that or does it have true Winter functionality?

Old 04-18-2019, 07:59 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Spring is here so time for a few new adds.

With the new stage2 tuning from CCI the factory intercooler was found lacking. I ordered a new WagnerTuning competition intercooler which fills the whole front end, of course the factory crash bar is in the way so Wagner simply Intergrated the crash bar right into their intercooler. Such a nice piece that its sad to put it away never to be seen again...such a nice piece.

Winter wasn’t so nice to the OEM intercooler but what a size difference!

Also with the added power a little more air would be nice. Took me a while to decide which piece was the right one, I was tempted to just at the first on the market but I instead waited and think I made the best choice for the car now and for the bigger turbo that may find its way into the car in the future. Big props to IE, I needed a question answered while doing the install so first I sent them an e-mail but then since it was an important question I called them. When I phoned I was talking to a service rep in only a few seconds, a lot of companies require you to leave a voice message to which they reply much later. When I got off of the phone I also noticed that my email was responded to only a couple minutes after sending it... I think they’ll be my goto parts going forward!

I have some more dressy parts on the way but that will come in a post next week

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 04-18-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:03 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Originally Posted by TT_Audi_2019
BRKNJMPR Love what You are doing with the Car. First time Audi Buyer here, My TT should arrive next week. I see these white wheels for winter are a reoccurring theme in Audi sports cars, Similar the Wheels on the early Winning Quattro cars at their museum north of Munich. Is this a tribute/throw back to that or does it have true Winter functionality?
Thanks, they really fit on these cars IMHO, can’t wait to see your TT when it arrives...Welcome to the Audi life
Old 05-16-2019, 01:47 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Entered the car in the Calgary DRIVEN car show. Calgary is about a 3hr drive and the weather was not cooperating, I had the summer wheels on but it was supposed to snow the next morning when we were planning to drive down Friday morning so we could stage and do the final detail. I was flip flopping all day long (Thursday) on which wheels to goto the show with and finally made the decision to put the winter wheels on. When we woke up Friday morning, sure enough it was snowing so I made the right choice. With the miserable weather I had basically put competing out of my mind, the car was spotless and driving down in the snow was going to make a mess of the car. When we arrived in Calgary of course it was great weather so we stoped at a small car wash, did my best to clean the car and then went to the Olympic Oval to stage and finish any minor detailing before the show was open to the public. The car was about 80% when the show opened to the public, since I was’t really expecting to place with the condition of the car we spent our time socializing with friends that we don't see very often from the Calgary car scene. We left the hotel a little earlier so we could get there and spend some more time detailing the car before it again opened to the public. The show was very enjoyable, I hardly ever get a chance to look at all the nice cars in the show so this was a treat, I’m usually busy hanging out at the car to answer any questions the judges or public have but not this show. When the awards were being announced I thought I would roll over and congratulate friends who I guessed wold place and wouldn’t you know it, I won a “Best in Class” award for my car. Once the awards were completed they stated the roll out show, for some reason people were freaking out and my wife came and told me it was snowing out quite hard...I guess the rollout was owing to be pretty tame as I thing I was maybe one of a handful of cars there that still had their winters on their cars. No drama but still there were about half a dozen police cars waiting just down the route the rollout takes and still they had one car pulled over,

I also had a bunch of new carbon bits one the car, parts from Carbon-Designz out of Germany, a new rear diffuser, front diffuser and mirror caps. I also bought their front splitter but decided to leave it off as I like the body coloured splitter and I think that would just make the front end too dark. The last carbon piece I decided to leave o the car was a carbon fuel door, I like the body coloured fuel door too much to replace it.

Drivenshow.ca Calgary

Drivenshow.ca Calgary

Drivenshow.ca Calgary

Drivenshow.ca Calgary

Drivenshow.ca Calgary

Drivenshow.ca Calgary
Old 05-16-2019, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Congratulations BRKNJMPR !!! Very well deserved.
The following users liked this post:
BRKNJMPR (10-22-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 07:28 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

BRKNJMPR,

Now that's what I call OUTSTANDING !!!

Terry
BRKNJMPR (10-22-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Very cool story! Congratulations! Now your aesthetic choices have been given an official Seal of Approval!
BRKNJMPR (10-22-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BRKNJMPR

Well this was a complete impulse purchase, I was waiting for S2T performance to bring out some nice Ti complete paddles but I dont think they are in any hurry. I think these are rather nice looking, nicer than I was expecting. The carbon weave and colour is very close to the OEM carbon fibre trim in the interior, they have a very nice gloss finish and are extremely light weight almost feeling hollow. Install was very easy and straightforward, I used some alcohol to ensure the backside of the factory paddles were free from any oils and then pressed them against the mating surface, doesn’t get much simpler than that. They do fit the OEM paddles almost perfectly but don’t work very well mechanically speaking. When trying to shift using the upper tips it adds leverage which tries to twist the OEM paddle resulting in a squishy feel that is not very satisfying. The backside of the paddles are also very slick and bulbous, this likely won’t result in your fingers sliding off the paddle but it just doesn’t feel right...ideally they could have shaped the backside differently or added some rubber contact points. I might apply some Tesa or anti-slip tape to the contact area just to give a more secure feeling without ruining the aesthetics and go from there but at this price point I would expect more.

Is it possible that other brands have improved on this product so that the back side is not so slippery?

Quick Reply: My TTRS thread.