TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My TTRS thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BRKNJMPR
Well thank you!

Winter is almost here and I was going to use these Neuspeed RSe102's but I had a change of heart today...I ordered some nice white OZ wheels instead, they are a few weeks out but I can't wait for the snow to start...I'll have a different tune come February but for now "Let it snow!".

Not sure if that is important to you but you are adding 6 lbs per wheel with the OZ rally wheels compared to the Neuspeeds
Old 10-15-2017, 07:31 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by zzcett
Any pics of the installed dash cams? I'm considering them for my RS3.
thanks.
I’ll take some pictures this afternoon for you.

Originally Posted by l_ecole
Not sure if that is important to you but you are adding 6 lbs per wheel with the OZ rally wheels compared to the Neuspeeds
I did look at the weight and I flip flopped a number of times, Strong vs lightweight. I was initially plannning to use the Nuespeeds for winter and order some nicer forged wheels for summer...I thought I knew which forged wheels I wanted to buy but now I’m not sure, I’ll save that for another thread. I also want to do some ice racing with the car this winter and I might buy a more aggressive studded tire just for that, use them on the Rally’s and buy a better winter road tire for use on the Nuespeeds.

These are the studded tires I purchased for the Rally’s but I might even go with something more aggressive.
Attached Thumbnails My TTRS thread.-2df74ab5-4627-4683-ac9e-173f9db53bb3.jpg  
Old 10-15-2017, 07:46 AM
Previously “CALE262”

I did something very spontaneous, I purchased Unitronics “Stage 1 Plus” tuning which should compliment the IMS downpipe and mid pipes very well...I know Uni has gotten into the 10’s on a completely stock car (other than tuning). This spring I would really like to be somewhere in the mid tens as there is a local GTR thats also making mid to high tens that I’d really like to spank in my “Hairdressers car”
Attached Thumbnails My TTRS thread.-f33d618b-1962-4118-8c2c-b6afabb1972c.jpeg   My TTRS thread.-9f7651e6-ded9-4e28-b30e-5894d0d521e7.jpeg  
Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2017, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ll take some pictures this afternoon for you.
Thanks - that would be great!
Old 10-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Thanks - that would be great!
I took some and I thought I posted them here but must’ve been on another forum...but here we go.

The camera system I chose was the Blacksys CH-200, dual channel (Front & Rear) HD with the CellinkB battery system from www.Blackboxmycar.com
I mounted the system as high as I could on the drivers side, the GPS antenna is mounted to the windshield with double sided black tap and the main camera attaches to the GPS.

I mounted the rear camera on the rear hatch upper trim as close to centre, in-between the rear NetRadar unit and ALP GPS. these Items are next to impossible to see from the rear of the car.

When I get some more free time I'll run this wire mess properly, thought the rubber accordian..."things" and under the plastic trim so it isn't so sloppy, I have to tear all the trim out to remove some things and add more wiring so I'll do it all on the same day or two. At that time I'll also take some pictures of the CellinkB batteries which are under the rear right taillamp, it is currently run via the 12v accessory plug, I'll tie it into the wiring for the plug and add a switch to turn the unit on and off when the vehicle is parked for any real amount of time, more than a week or so.

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 10-18-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I took some and I thought I posted them here but must’ve been on another forum...but here we go.

The camera system I chose was the Blacksys CH-200, dual channel (Front & Rear) HD with the CellinkB battery system from www.Blackboxmycar.com
I mounted the system as high as I could on the drivers side, the GPS antenna is mounted to the windshield with double sided black tap and the main camera attaches to the GPS.

I mounted the rear camera on the rear hatch upper trim as close to centre, in-between the rear NetRadar unit and ALP GPS. these Items are next to impossible to see from the rear of the car.

When I get some more free time I'll run this wire mess properly, thought the rubber accordian..."things" and under the plastic trim so it isn't so sloppy, I have to tear all the trim out to remove some things and add more wiring so I'll do it all on the same day or two. At that time I'll also take some pictures of the CellinkB batteries which are under the rear right taillamp, it is currently run via the 12v accessory plug, I'll tie it into the wiring for the plug and add a switch to turn the unit on and off when the vehicle is parked for any real amount of time, more than a week or so.
Very nice to see. Thanks. The rear install is stealthy all right even without the full wire cleanup. The front unit is a bit larger than I had envisioned. Looks like it's out of the way, though. How much do you notice it?
Old 10-23-2017, 05:56 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Very nice to see. Thanks. The rear install is stealthy all right even without the full wire cleanup. The front unit is a bit larger than I had envisioned. Looks like it's out of the way, though. How much do you notice it?
The camera is about 4”x2”x0.75”, It's pretty small and I rarely even notice its there unless it make a noise, once a week it prompts you to format the memory card. It’s also mounted in a location that it doesnt interfere with the sun visor. I had a little more time the other day so I tapped the dual battery system into the 12v outlet so it charges them while I’m driving, perfect spot for the application.
Attached Thumbnails My TTRS thread.-644692a1-1f4e-481b-97e0-ba7ae385a99f.jpeg   My TTRS thread.-c051f74e-cacf-4f80-af1d-72464eb261f4.jpeg  
Old 11-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Well I haven’t updated this in a little while... The OZ Rally’s showed up and I had them installed them with the Pirelli Ice Zeros, they look great but these tires are very loud. On the drive home I got onto the highway and at 120KPH I had to really raise my voice to hold a conversation with my wife so I am guessing they were well over 80db. I might have about 200km on the tires now and they have quieted down some but are still much louder on dry pavement than on snow packed pave, I imagine as they continue to break in they will get quieter...I guess we’ll see. I really wish someone made some mud flaps for this car, I might have to go the generic route and make my own brackets etc. Rally Armour makes some but they are even more expensive than the car specific kits which I thought was a little strange. I have also registered for the ice racing school in January which should be fun.
Attached Thumbnails My TTRS thread.-8e661a3d-0839-4539-a92f-79ddb1c1fae3.jpeg   My TTRS thread.-d17ac298-c84d-49e8-8921-986605838159.jpeg   My TTRS thread.-8c03727a-82ff-41b4-b4e0-14fd6c1c417f.jpeg  
Old 11-08-2017, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

BRKNJMPR,

Well, you might consider Weather Tech, a company located in Illinois. Here's a link, and you'll notice that they have mud flaps that require no drilling. If they don't have them for our Audis, call them and ask when they might be coming out with them. They seem to add new products frequently.

WeatherTech Exterior Protection | WeatherTech.com

Good luck!

Last edited by VGM911; 11-08-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Originally Posted by VGM911
BRKNJMPR,

Well, you might consider Weather Tech, a company located in Illinois. Here's a link, and you'll notice that they have mud flaps that require no drilling. If they don't have them for our Audis, call them and ask when they might be coming out with them. They seem to add new products frequently.

WeatherTech Exterior Protection WeatherTech.com

Good luck!

I took a quick look, I have WT floor liners for all my vehicles and am very happy with their products but unfortunately they don’t have any mudflaps listed for the TT RS. I signed up for their notifications so I’m crossing my fingers but I’ll also drop them a line to see if all they needed was a nudge
Attached Thumbnails My TTRS thread.-316f1e42-e180-4845-ab20-d29b691a71fa.jpeg  

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 11-08-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: My TTRS thread.