TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My very 1st Audi (rs 😊)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My very 1st Audi (rs 😊)

Greetings everyone! Looking forward to picking this group's brain as I am gearing up to owning an Audi. Recently sold my 981 Cayman as I find the new tt rs intriguing. It will be in Vegas Yellow with the wing delete. Other than YouTube and a couple of articles, I haven't had an extensive research of this model. I did, however, test drove the tts roadster last month and was truly disappointed with the driving dynamics and its feedback. the wife loved it and so that's that 😂. We are living in Germany, but the car will be a US Spec through mil auto sales. The SA is working out a deal to allow me to pick up either in Hungary or Ingolstadt, either way, I'm sure it'll be an awesome experience.

Based on what I've read, you guys are super helpful. Any advice, tips, good-to-know info are welcome and appreciated! Danke schun.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats and welcome. I assume you are buying a coupe not a roadster as you stated US Spec. If I am correct you should at least drive a TTS Coupe. It will have better dynamics than the roadster. Just a thought.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Odd that you are buying a car that you will most probably be disappointed in how it drives.

What elements of the drive were you not happy with ?

Apples and oranges vs a Cayman in my opinion. The cars are very different and each do certain things better than the other.

Help us to help you in your concerns.

Ed
Old 06-13-2017, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Congrats and welcome. I assume you are buying a coupe not a roadster as you stated US Spec. If I am correct you should at least drive a TTS Coupe. It will have better dynamics than the roadster. Just a thought.
Thank you. Right, it is a coupe. I will be scheduling for another test drive in what I hope to be the rs soon. I'm really hoping that's the case!
Old 06-13-2017, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by doveboat
Odd that you are buying a car that you will most probably be disappointed in how it drives.

What elements of the drive were you not happy with ?

Apples and oranges vs a Cayman in my opinion. The cars are very different and each do certain things better than the other.

Help us to help you in your concerns.

Ed
Like I stated, the wife loved it and I'm really okay with it. More than anything, I was just really surprised how much driver's feedback the 981 provided. Also, the goal this year is to travel all over Europe with our dog, so the back seat definitely met our need. It's not much of a difference comparison-wise in my opinion. I agree, both are great in their ways. Looking fwd to picking your brain!
Old 06-13-2017, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Thank you. Right, it is a coupe. I will be scheduling for another test drive in what I hope to be the rs soon. I'm really hoping that's the case!
Old 06-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by awd_licious
Greetings everyone! Looking forward to picking this group's brain as I am gearing up to owning an Audi. Recently sold my 981 Cayman as I find the new tt rs intriguing. It will be in Vegas Yellow with the wing delete. Other than YouTube and a couple of articles, I haven't had an extensive research of this model. I did, however, test drove the tts roadster last month and was truly disappointed with the driving dynamics and its feedback. the wife loved it and so that's that 😂. We are living in Germany, but the car will be a US Spec through mil auto sales. The SA is working out a deal to allow me to pick up either in Hungary or Ingolstadt, either way, I'm sure it'll be an awesome experience.

Based on what I've read, you guys are super helpful. Any advice, tips, good-to-know info are welcome and appreciated! Danke schun.
I love my TTs Coupe , I only wish I had the exhaust of the RS. The TTs is plentiful fast enough for me but the RS couldn't hurt, I'm considering switching to the RS after my lease is over.

All I can say is after my TTs has been in the shop for 24 days I really missed her and I'm glad by the day I chose this car (minor issue seat won't fold so they had to constantly order parts from Germany which took a week, I got the money back for that months lease so it's all good.)

It's also a great daily driver and I love the virtual cockpit, the interior is just a beautiful place to be. I get some issues with Android Auto but that's not their fault. I've moved from NYC to MD in the TTs.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Rajon
I love my TTs Coupe , I only wish I had the exhaust of the RS. The TTs is plentiful fast enough for me but the RS couldn't hurt, I'm considering switching to the RS after my lease is over.

All I can say is after my TTs has been in the shop for 24 days I really missed her and I'm glad by the day I chose this car (minor issue seat won't fold so they had to constantly order parts from Germany which took a week, I got the money back for that months lease so it's all good.)

It's also a great daily driver and I love the virtual cockpit, the interior is just a beautiful place to be. I get some issues with Android Auto but that's not their fault. I've moved from NYC to MD in the TTs.
Appreciate the feedback. I originally was going to order a tts, but decided against it when I herd the 5 cylinder sound in person! I will be on the lookout for those minor problems you mentioned. Since I'm living in Germany, waiting time shouldn't be of any issues if parts are needed. Just hoping to avoid any of the nuisance you've experienced! 😜
Old 06-17-2017, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

If you didn't like the driving dynamics of the TTS I doubt the RS will win you over. You are going from an RWD sports car to a FWD biased AWD sports car. That's largely a different world. No matter how much Audi and some folks here try to convince you that this generation has more rear axle action, the AWD system in the TT/S/RS is full time FWD with partial rear axle engagement. That's what primarily determines driving dynamics. With the front wheels doing most of the driving plus steering, feedback is not exactly what this platform is known for.

You need to go with the more rear biased setups in the 4 series and up if you want driving dynamics closer to your Cayman. The closest would be the R8, which has something like a 70% rear 30% front bias. The 40f/60r setup that Audi uses in the longitudinal platform can further be enhanced with the active torque vectoring rear differential.

On the RS3 Audi offers an optional staggered tire setup (wider in the front) to combat the negative effects of the FWD bias further. Looks like that option is not available for the TT RS.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-17-2017 at 08:10 PM.