AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TT (Mk3) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk3-discussion-207/)
-   -   New Car Mileage? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk3-discussion-207/new-car-mileage-2947985/)

DMouseCA 04-25-2018 05:28 AM

New Car Mileage?

When I went to pick up my new TT RS I was expecting something in the region of say 10 to 50km on it max. I am curious how many miles/kilometers people have had on their new cars at delivery. Mine came with 210km (130 miles) on it!! Dealers told me it was because Audi run them at the factory, because the engines are very tight when new. It does make some sense with it being an RS product, but I am curious what other people have had?

Paul

Huey52 04-25-2018 06:00 AM

That does seem like a lot, even given some vehicles randomly get more factory QA testing than others. But then I don't have an RS model.

TTS 30 miles Ordered
allroad 10 miles Lot
A5 17 miles Ordered

J. Patterson 04-25-2018 06:25 AM

I would wonder too. Most dealerships only get one or two. It would be tempting to test drive it when it comes in. No real harm though in the long run.

Paul King 04-25-2018 06:47 AM

My TTS had 69 miles on it. I found it a good omen.

Eli McCraig 04-25-2018 07:19 AM

When i picked up my factory ordered S4, the odometer disclosure statement read 33 miles. I asked why, as it was a factory order. The sales manager said Audi tests all S vehicles at the factory. If true, I’d imagine RS models get even more scrutiny.

Nebuul 04-25-2018 07:23 AM

Your car has too many miles. RS should typically have 30-50 miles (50-80 km) on the odometer.

If you bought from the lot, is just test drive miles. If you custom ordered the car, I'd be more concerned.

Akenmaat 04-25-2018 09:07 AM

Mine was ordered and was delivered with 35 miles. Not gonna lie, I'd have probably freaked out if mine was delivered with 130 miles.

DMouseCA 04-25-2018 02:41 PM

The car was a factory order, on the 6th October. I tracked it all the way here and even got CN rail to track it for me. I didnt take it from the dealer for a couple of weeks due to the bad weather here, so there is no way anyone has road driven it as it would be filthy. Even if they did and tried to clean it up, I thoroughly checked the car over, wheel arches engine bay etc before taking it. I am thinking of asking Audi Canada to get written proof from the factory, or I want some money back.

dbintegrity 04-26-2018 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by DMouseCA (Post 25143508)
The car was a factory order, on the 6th October. I tracked it all the way here and even got CN rail to track it for me. I didnt take it from the dealer for a couple of weeks due to the bad weather here, so there is no way anyone has road driven it as it would be filthy. Even if they did and tried to clean it up, I thoroughly checked the car over, wheel arches engine bay etc before taking it. I am thinking of asking Audi Canada to get written proof from the factory, or I want some money back.

Hmm Until this post, I'd thought it might have been a dealer swap... My S6 had 10 miles on it

HalifaxMKIIITTRS 04-26-2018 06:33 AM

Received mine with 33 km on the odometer. Agree with the previous posts that anything above 50 km is excessive. Wouldn't be surprised if the dealer test drove it as part of PDI since TT RS cars are rare at dealers.