TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

New Car Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

As others have said, it's a very rare car. That means (as others have said) it was probably either for testing, or they decided to have some fun with it. Dad custom-ordered and got one of the first C7 Corvette's, and was asked to sign something that said because it was so different and new that they may use it for limited, factory testing. It had higher mileage because they were testing a new eLSD rear-diff firmware. This was well documented by the mileage that the dealer received it with, and he had to bring it back after the rear-diff threw codes and they put another 100 miles of actual GM-engineering test on it, all of which was subtracted from the warranty. If this is your case, take pride in knowing your RS might have been used to test and improve the others.

The other scenario is they might have gotten it and decided to drive it, but that seems unlikely and easy to spot because it was a custom order. I'd REALLY lean in to them and make them show you exactly how many miles it was loaded on to the boat with. If they can't or won't show you miles received vs miles you got it with, they drove it for fun and you need to tell them you know that and will take them to court unless they compensate you for it.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nebuul
that is very peculiar!
I thought so as well after reading stories of 30-60 miles on average, but she’s running strong as ever with ~ 5k on the ODO.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DMouseCA
Mine came through Halifax. So should really have expected a similar mileage. So I have found an email address for Audi in Ingolstadt, so I have asked them. I did phone the Sales Manager but only got his voice mail and he hasn't called back. So lets see where this goes?
have you heard anything back yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 05-03-2018, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, seeing as you asked. I didn't get a reply from my dealership sales manager. So I found a contact email for Audi AG in Ingolstadt, Germany. They replied and said they would take some time to check but they would and let me know. Since then I got an email from Audi Canada, saying they are checking back at the factory to find out what happened. Again this is gonna take a while. I was going to wait till I got a reply but thats where I am right now.
BTW I have finished running in my TT RS and done some hard accelerations. Seems pretty quick, but doesnt feel quick if that makes sense. Still need to do a launch

Paul
Old 05-03-2018, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Yep, same with TTS. You don't think it's quick until you realize you've left a sudden large gap where someone on your tail used to be. It's a refined, smooth, quick.

... Seems pretty quick, but doesnt feel quick if that makes sense. Still need to do a launch
Paul
Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nebuul
Is yours a TT RS? I find that number improbable for an RS.
My 2008 RS4 came with 60 miles on it, I was at the dealer when it arrived and saw it unloaded. The dealer told me that all RS cars are test driven at the factory.
I picked up my TTRS a month ago. I picked it up 3 days after it arrived at the dealer. The salesman said since it was a sold car they put it in the showroom with a
sold sign on it and locked it. They didn't allow any customers to even open the doors. My TTRS had 10 miles on it when I picked it up.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, I have had a reply from Audi Canada. My car left the factory in Gyor with 8km on it!! At least they did check so thats one thing. But now I feel its Audi Canada and the dealer who have to explain what happened. I have started with a strong email to Audi Canada and we will see what happens next. I am feeling a social media campaign coming on!!!!
Old 05-04-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I hope you get a response, just to close the loop. Do keep in mind that although you had a [relatively minuscule] deposit on the vehicle the dealership actually owned it and obviously some dealers are more respectful of "sold" cars than others.

But there's still a chance that firmware was updated in port and a subsequent extended test was required?

OK, I have had a reply from Audi Canada. My car left the factory in Gyor with 8km on it!! At least they did check so thats one thing. But now I feel its Audi Canada and the dealer who have to explain what happened. I have started with a strong email to Audi Canada and we will see what happens next. I am feeling a social media campaign coming on!!!!

Last edited by Huey52; 05-04-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just another data point. I picked my TTRS this week (a day after arrival) and it had 35 miles on the clock.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

It's impossible to know what quality control/parts replacement/verification drive took place before it was delivered. There are endless factors that cause huge variations on mileage. I worked at luxury car dealerships for many years and actually saw a new car unloaded with .9 miles....yes, less than 1 mile on the odometer. Others can have 100 times that mileage.....you never know what happened at the factory and during transport that requires driving. For example, something falling on the windshield during transport that necessitates new glass, the drive to a repair shop, and then a test drive at interstate speeds to ensure no wind noise, and to the car wash for high pressure washing to make sure it doesn't leak. Lots of reasons why a car has more mileage on it. Even a CEL could have triggered a lengthy test drive to make sure the fault dines't reaper before ownership.

Quick Reply: New Car Mileage?