TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

New Car Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wifes tt had to sit at dealer for 3 weeks. We already had plane tickets. I thought man they are driving this thing all over the place. 2 weeks before we picked it up i got an email from serius radio saying the radio was activated WTF i thought why would they activate the radio if they wernt driving it.

2 weekka later picking up car did all oaperwork. Sittin in car salesman showing enough stuff so we can get on road and beat oncomming snowstorm. I looked at virt cockpit and saw 385mi. I said to salesman "yo 385mi what were u guys driving around" he stuck hand in flicked a button and odometer was 11mi. I was looking at miles to empty. Salesman said oh we would not do that on a 50k + car

i dont think these guys wouly joy ride in a car, maybe drive it around the lot.

as other posters have said their is a reason. Hovever, you have a right to know where the xtra 100mi/km camefrome. If the dealer cant come up with a reasonable answer. Have you filled out your survey yet. If not when you get it trash audi canada and the xealer twll them u shoulda bought a jap car. These mfg take those surveys seriousally.

​​​​​​​audi canada will tell the dealer to make u happy. Get audi care or somethi g like that for free
Old 05-18-2018, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update, Audi have offered me a refund on my Audi care, so thats something. But still no explanation. So I have pushed them a little harder and I am after an extended warranty, because I don't know what damage may have been done during those 200 km that might show later. The sales manager at the dealership is talking to Audi Canada, and this is going to the executive. The sales manager said how about 1 year warranty. My reply was, 1 year with a written explanation of what happened, or two years and I will walk away happy. So that's where we are right now.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DMouseCA
Update, Audi have offered me a refund on my Audi care, so thats something. But still no explanation. So I have pushed them a little harder and I am after an extended warranty, because I don't know what damage may have been done during those 200 km that might show later. The sales manager at the dealership is talking to Audi Canada, and this is going to the executive. The sales manager said how about 1 year warranty. My reply was, 1 year with a written explanation of what happened, or two years and I will walk away happy. So that's where we are right now.
Be sure the extended warrant has $0 deductible, and get a rider that says you are not responsible for diagnostic fees in the event that a problem is not found.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

Just got 29.5 LA to Vegas uphill and 31.9 Vegas to LA downhill, both ways going 80+ most of the time with A/C!
Old 06-22-2018, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Time for an update and to finally think about ending this fiasco. The sales manger and I have both been away on holiday so that has delaying things a fair bit. But, I still had the usual phoning for days till I got a response. I talked to Audi Canada last week and although they were very nice, as far as they see it they delivered the car to the dealer as promised so aren't willing to fund the dealer.
So the offer right now is, rebate for the cost of 4 years Audi Care ($1500), 2 years additional warranty up to 100,000 kms, but I have to pay $1000, or 1 year for $700.
I have told them I will think it over, over the weekend and will decide Monday. The issue being is it's my daily driver, so additional mileage limited warranty is useless as I will pass 100,000km in less than 5 years. Also if I get a tune (APR just announced the TT RS and RS3 tunes!!) then that kills that anyway, so I don't see any point in paying $1000 for something that is essentially worthless.
Apart from going legal at this point then I might as well take the Audi Care and run? Any thoughts anyone?
Old 07-11-2018, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Finally

Finally we have an agreement. After lots of phoning and waiting. I decided it was time to finish this deal. So I told the Sales manager I was coming down to see him so we could finalize things.
Anyway, this is what i have ended up with. They are refunding me my Audi Care 4 year service package, about $1500cdn. This is then being used to help upgrade my warranty. So I will now have a 5 year 120,000km warranty with zero deductible, and about $300 cash back.
It's been a pain going back and forth but its finally over. I don't think I could have gotten anything more so I am happy with the outcome. It would have been better if my car hadn't been driven before i got it!
Still loving the car and trying to behave while driving it is almost impossible. Other performance cars and enthusiasts have given me lots of respect on the road, it certainly turns heads and is a lot of fun to drive 😎
Old 07-12-2018, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Great to hear. Now put it all behind you (as you do other drivers ) and enjoy!

Finally we have an agreement. After lots of phoning and waiting. I decided it was time to finish this deal. So I told the Sales manager I was coming down to see him so we could finalize things.
Anyway, this is what i have ended up with. They are refunding me my Audi Care 4 year service package, about $1500cdn. This is then being used to help upgrade my warranty. So I will now have a 5 year 120,000km warranty with zero deductible, and about $300 cash back.
It's been a pain going back and forth but its finally over. I don't think I could have gotten anything more so I am happy with the outcome. It would have been better if my car hadn't been driven before i got it!
Still loving the car and trying to behave while driving it is almost impossible. Other performance cars and enthusiasts have given me lots of respect on the road, it certainly turns heads and is a lot of fun to drive 😎
Old 07-12-2018, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am glad to hear that you got a satisfactory outcome to all of this. Enjoy your car!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

I think it came out really well on this. I also expect there are some internal memos was being passed around in that dealership about limiting test drives on sold vehicles!