TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Opinions guys on "Fixed" versus "Non-Fixed" Rear Spoiler ???

Old 09-07-2017, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not crazy about the fixed spoiler but I think it helps break up the bubble butt look of the rear end.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Fixed spoiler for me on the TTRS, I think the RS line should look a little more aggressive. I dont think the TT fixed spoiler is anything "Boiracer", the new Honda Type R, Subi WRX and the Focus RS have that segment pinned down and make the TT rear spoiler look very pedestrian in comparison. Audi should have saved the fixed spoiler for the RS cars instead I see them on the S models and regular TT's. The photo of the concept MK3 TTRS is the one I fell in love with but I'm glad it didn't come with the larger rear spoiler (more track oriented) that the concept car donned, it was just a little over the top IMO. The real disappointment for me were the wheels as I was really hoping the car would option out with the similar style wheels as the concept car was fitted with but rather in a five bolt pattern much like the R8 wheels...I really don't like any of the wheel options and it was the first thing I changed asap. So to sum up, another vote for the "Fixed Spoiler" on the RS car.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Glacier no spoiler

If it works out.. here's what my TT RS build would look like. I am thinking of de-badging the back. (Not the front, per this mock up). I am going to put my 19" wheels back on, until I figure out some other 20" wheel - I'd like the Sport Package wheels.

I'd end up with a car that looks pretty much looks like the one I have, just hidden under-the-hood and interior differences. That's the look I am going for. On the down low. (I'd get red calipers - just couldn't find any to paste on here).

Old 09-13-2017, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Totally agree about the stealth strategy, and would do the same if I upgraded from the TTS. I would miss the express red seats though so it's not likely until Audi starts discounting significantly like they did with the mkii TT-RS. I love the wheels on your build so if you're looking to get rid of them...

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
If it works out.. here's what my TT RS build would look like. I am thinking of de-badging the back. (Not the front, per this mock up). I am going to put my 19" wheels back on, until I figure out some other 20" wheel - I'd like the Sport Package wheels.

I'd end up with a car that looks pretty much looks like the one I have, just hidden under-the-hood and interior differences. That's the look I am going for. On the down low. (I'd get red calipers - just couldn't find any to paste on here).

Old 09-13-2017, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Would also explore making this area Body coloured, instead of black.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions guys on "Fixed" versus "Non-Fixed" Rear Spoiler ???-tt-rs.jpg  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I agree! The black turn-down is the biggest design turn-off I have for the TTRS! Very unconnected, and ruins the framing of the side vents... Unfortunately, it seems to be the new design parte for the RS models - having shown up yesterday on the RS4 (want, btw.)...

How would one do that? White wrap? Hmmm....

Other option is to double-down with the more aggressive carbon front end from the Audi Sports Performance package.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 09-14-2017 at 05:05 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Options to make that section body coloured that I can think of:

Professional Body Shop paints in with matching Audi paint

PLASTI DIP https://plastidip.com/

or Vinyl Wrap
Old 09-15-2017, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Definitely go with Audi paint at a good local shop. Not that much area so relatively small cost. Best outcome.

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Options to make that section body coloured that I can think of:

Professional Body Shop paints in with matching Audi paint

PLASTI DIP https://plastidip.com/

or Vinyl Wrap
Old 10-30-2017, 02:23 PM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default I think I am now Satisfied with what the actual TT RS would look like with my changes

Sharing thoughts & opinions,

Since I started this thread I have not really stopped with wanting to do a build and then seeing what it would look like with my changes.
I am Super-Pleased to show the actual built TT RS on the Audi build site below and with the 2-Changes I like.
I finally found a member over on another Mustang internet site that is a Graphic Designer and has his own business.
He was nice enough to actually make the changes and just sent them to me this afternoon.

Before posting these pictures below I simply want to say that to me personally (IMHO) the TT RS Coupe is a High-Performance Audi Machine.
And I think (Opinion) it should look like and represent outside that same exact appearance.
I think a person does not spend roughly $70K-80K for it for it to simply blend into the Crowd at say Cars & Coffee.
That being said I like Performance Cars that stand-out and GRAB the attention of other driver's that really like the same thing.

So, below is my idea of what a TT RS in Catalunya Red metallic should look like as a High Performance Special Edition car.

What's your thoughts on this look (Stock) from Audi ???

Or this with some much needed Aggressiveness for that Sports Car in your Face-Look ???

What's your thoughts on this look (Stock) from Audi ???

Or this with some much needed Aggressiveness for that Sports Car in your Face-Look ???

Thanks for viewing,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-30-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one thing I'd add is, I don't think the rear spoiler alone will be an option. I expect Audi Sport developed it in combination with the front flicks to produce balanced additional down force front and rear, so using either one alone (but especially the rear without the front) would unbalance the car. I wouldn't imagine it would be problematic at highways speeds (75-ish), but I suspect Audi isn't going to want to sell them separately. Which is why I think that pricing list that was posted had aero "packages" listed instead of individual pieces.

Search this Thread