TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Opinions guys on "Fixed" versus "Non-Fixed" Rear Spoiler ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 07:59 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RAZberry
Hi all,
Old/new poster here. The original didn't have any spoiler at all. The Bauhaus design was all about minimalism and leaving out whatever wasn't needed.

I liked that approach, and had placed a factory order late 1999, IIRC, when the deaths of several drivers in high-speed crashes in Europe forced Audi to add the spoiler. Had mixed feelings when it arrived, but I wasn't gonna kick it out of the garage.

Back when it wasn't an option, there was LOTS of desire expressed on this forum to have a movable spoiler. That wish was granted with the Mk2, and of course that only satisfied a portion of the population.

I still believe in the minimalist approach - only add what's needed, avoid extra weight and drag. I don't like 'pretenders' - the car has to be able to do what it says it can do. So I have the 2016 TT w/ movable spoiler, it only deploys when it's needed, and that's good. I drove the TT RS a couple weeks ago. It needs to be driven on the track, so it needs the fixed spoiler, and that's good too. Then there's this:

With 600 hp it definitely needs all the wings it can get! And it's very good! Maybe you can model yours after this, Tiger.

Chris
Hello Chris,

Well I will agree that I'm not much into the Look the Part, but nothing to back up the Look power wise !!!
So, in my case from everything I have read and all the videos I have now watched the TT RS to me would not look out of place with some added CF Aero Enhancements.
Like the Yellow TT RS above & below I posted.

Also it does make perfect sense if a person was racing the TT RS then certainly keep it to where it performs at it's peak.
But, in my case if I'm fortunate enough to get the TT RS in 2019 it's for personal use and driving on the street.
(Not racing in my case at all)

I would like for mine to have a little more of the Racing appearance if possible.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-09-2017 at 08:02 AM.