TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Post a (day in the life) pic of your TTS/TTRS/TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I would consider maybe a can of “plasi dip” which would take you an hour or two to do correctly but it will peel of easily and it doesn’t damage the surface of the paint nor does it leave any stick residue behind. The biggest risk of painters tape is that it doesn’t offer and soft protection where the plasti dip is very rubbery. Tape also creates the issue of pulling paint off while removing it in an area where a rock may have struck the car.

If I was getting a clear bra 1000miles from home I may just get a cheap job done for the trip and then have the local installer remove and install a more permanent solution.

Just IME but YMMV
Old 02-13-2018, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ourlee
Painters Tape! Don’t get that $1k install done 1000 miles away.
Who would do such a crazy thing??

Old 02-13-2018, 06:46 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Washed the car yesterday...meh.

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 02-13-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That Quattro sticker is exactly what I want. Where’d you get it?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla
I thought I recognized that glow! I have it on mine too...great stuff...enjoy your new car...how did the dealer scratch it up? I had the dealer take the cover off but not touch it other than that-which they complied with. No scratches on it at all. However, my CP installer insisted on polishing it out to perfection first which is the right thing to do....it looks fantastic....
I suspect they just did what dealers do - wipe down the car dry daily to remove dust. There were some deeper scratches oddly on the B pillar, and they offered to fix, but I declined. Would never let a dealer wash or detail my car (and it wasn't even mine yet).
Old 02-14-2018, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezeinstein
I suspect they just did what dealers do - wipe down the car dry daily to remove dust. There were some deeper scratches oddly on the B pillar, and they offered to fix, but I declined. Would never let a dealer wash or detail my car (and it wasn't even mine yet).
Yea, I don't let them or hardly anyone touch mine either....only the guy that did the Ceramic Pro....otherwise, I'm it...and I'm a handicapped guy.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla
Yea, I don't let them or hardly anyone touch mine either....only the guy that did the Ceramic Pro....otherwise, I'm it...and I'm a handicapped guy.

LOL, I hear that...I wash my car about every second day and usually takes about 3hrs for me to do from my wheelchair. When I do goto the dealership they are pretty good as they know me and always put the "DO NOT WASH" sign on my dash. Other than doing it myself I do use a mobile detail guy and he sees the car every second week for the stuff I can't do as well. I think​​​ I've become somewhat of a detailing ****.
I clean my car in the winter every second day and it
Old 02-14-2018, 02:34 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Originally Posted by ourlee
That Quattro sticker is exactly what I want. Where’d you get it?

Took me a little bit to find again but here they are...

https://m.ebay.ca/itm?itemId=323019210811
Old 02-15-2018, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I thought I was the only **** guy that had a cart (actually 2) filled like that. And I'll be hand washing today as an unusual 50 degf February day!

Originally Posted by BRKNJMPR
LOL, I hear that...I wash my car about every second day and usually takes about 3hrs for me to do from my wheelchair. When I do goto the dealership they are pretty good as they know me and always put the "DO NOT WASH" sign on my dash. Other than doing it myself I do use a mobile detail guy and he sees the car every second week for the stuff I can't do as well. I think​​​ I've become somewhat of a detailing ****.
I clean my car in the winter every second day and it
Old 02-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My TT is (almost) ready.

Quick Reply: Post a (day in the life) pic of your TTS/TTRS/TT