TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Really getting tired of the AoA fashion police

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default I do not think that is true for 2017 TT models

Originally Posted by adg44
I'd say it is likely because when you put down a refundable deposit, then see the car in real life three months later and determine it looks horrible, then it becomes the dealer's problem and they have an unsellable car in their inventory.

And if you really want a custom interior, Audi exclusive can do that for you, too.
According to the AoA web site, Audi Exclusive is different for the 2017MY. They provide no info for the TT but they do for other models and since I have seen a TTS in the same exclusive color as is offered for the S3, I'll bet the choices are identical. Custom interior colors appear to be an option only on higher cost cars, for example it is not an option on the S3 nor S5. Exclusive paint used to mean any color under the rainbow but now it only gets you about 5 more colors to choose from and only 25 of each color will be manufactured. However, the seat stitching and interior inserts will now match the exterior color. For the S3 the 5 new colors includes the fugly frog green that I saw on an Exclusive TTS.

AoA's position on color combinations is really indefensible. Why can I order a Brilliant Black TT roadster with Admiral blue seats yet I can not with Mythos Black? Ditto on Monsoon Gray versus Nano Gray. As for you coupe lovers, apparently Audi has not been able to figure out how to make blue back seats because that color is not even an option.

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 10-29-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

What I have stated about Audi exclusive and the TT is true.

There are specific Audi exclusive colors that are only available to Audi exclusive, but they will still paint a car any color you want.

And the design selection interiors are different based on the body style. There is no admiral blue for the coupe. You have to take Murillo brown, and vice versa.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster

AoA's position on color combinations is really indefensible. Why can I order a Brilliant Black TT roadster with Admiral blue seats yet I can not with Mythos Black? Ditto on Monsoon Gray versus Nano Gray.
Also, someone is giving you bad information. You can do the Murillo brown interior on any color other than yellow. And you can do admiral blue on any colors other than tango red and vegas yellow (for obvious reasons).
Old 10-30-2016, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I think this is apropos for this thread..

Old 10-30-2016, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks for the clarification

What I have stated about Audi exclusive and the TT is true.

There are specific Audi exclusive colors that are only available to Audi exclusive, but they will still paint a car any color you want.

And the design selection interiors are different based on the body style. There is no admiral blue for the coupe. You have to take Murillo brown, and vice versa.
The Audi USA site does a very poor job of explaining Exclusive for 2017 and makes no mention of still being able to select any color under the rainbow like you could last year. In fact, it states that the "any color" option is available to 2016 models and makes no mention of 2017. Also, last year when you did a "build" on a car and selected Exclusive paint a tool would pop up to allow you to try any color you wanted. Now when you hit Exclusive on the TT (or S3 or S5), nothing happens except $3900 is added to the cost. Can you customize interior leather under Exclusive in 2017 and does that cost even more? Again, the Audi USA site makes no mention of it whatsoever for the TT and specifically states it is available only for RS5 and above.

Restricting interior colors to TT body styles is still stupid and arbitrary. If I could order a Vegas yellow roadster with Mk 1 amber baseball seats (admittedly I'm really dreaming here) I'd be at the dealer tomorrow. The Mk 2 baseball was a very poor facsimile to the original and probably why even that poor substitute is not even offered in the MK 3.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

When I was looking forward to the Mk3 TTS I fully expected the "baseball optic" seats to again be available, but alas not even somewhat comparable Palomino brown to choose from.

The rotor gray and black interiors are fine and both are a good contrast with the blue exterior, although quite staid and obvious.

The Yeoman's point is well taken however. Audi USA/NA is going to do what they're going to do.....
Old 10-31-2016, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The 'someone" is the Audi USA web site

Also, someone is giving you bad information. ...you can do admiral blue on any colors other than tango red and vegas yellow (for obvious reasons).
The "Build your TT roadster" portion of the web site will not allow you to select blue seats if you choose Mythos or Nano paint. Choose blue seats and the web site gives you a message to change seat color or paint color.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, this is pretty much a rant

Originally Posted by The Yeoman
I think this is apropos for this thread..

However, if you bitch long and often enough, Audi USA sometimes listens. According to Audi USA reps I've talked to, we have a spare in the Mk 3 only because of US owners' complaints about it missing in the Mk 2.

P.S. I also qualify as "old".
Old 10-31-2016, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
However, if you bitch long and often enough, Audi USA sometimes listens. According to Audi USA reps I've talked to, we have a spare in the Mk 3 only because of US owners' complaints about it missing in the Mk 2.
The thing is it takes quite a few more than one or two rants to get Audi to respond.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Being new here, I don't understand the reference to "monochromatic" colors.

Can someone enlighten me? Thanks very much.

Quick Reply: Really getting tired of the AoA fashion police