TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Receive new 2018 TTRS T-6days

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Receive new 2018 TTRS T-6days

Finally the day is near to retrieve my new 2018 Nardo Grey TTRS from the dealer. Will be picking up the car within the week. Any last advice or lessons learned you may share prior to or at the time I pick the car up? Anything I should specifically request from the dealer prior to picking up the car or prior to leaving the lot? How about the maintenance package?

Reminder, I will be picking the car up in Oregon and will be driving it to its new destination in San Diego California. I may regret it, but have chosen not to apply the PPF until I get to San Diego. Did not want to apply the film in Oregon to only have something go wrong with it and be unable to easily to return to the shop. I have an appointment for application of PPF upon arrival to SD.

Looking forward to joining the TTRS masses here on the forum with my very own TTRS. Pictures are pending....
Old 08-29-2018, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Put a temporary PPF film on for the road trip back. I didn't and got a small chip on my hood on the way to my PPF installer who is about 90 miles away. It's only noticeable to me but it could have been avoided.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on the new TT RS! I am sure you will enjoy it. After almost a year the car still puts a smile on my face when I drive it.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Congratulations and welcome home!

Indeed do get a temporary PPF, wrap or tape. Oregon to San Diego is obviously a very long drive and highly likely some paint damage without protection.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats....It's an awesome car and you're gonna love it. I had the dealer put in H&R springs during the PDI and not touch the car otherwise. I washed it and took it to a shop that polished it out and ceramic coated it with Ceramic Pro Gold package....it's been one year now and I love it still.

Here is your future!

2018 TTRS Nardo Grey H&R springs, Ceramic Pro coating, Xpel clear bra.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Painters tape it.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, the dealers will install springs? I didn’t think that would be an option. May I ask what model springs you chose? I am looking to damp the rebound when I go over bumps at speed.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by grey67
Wait, the dealers will install springs? I didn’t think that would be an option. May I ask what model springs you chose? I am looking to damp the rebound when I go over bumps at speed.
Yes, I bought the H&Rs and took them to the dealer a week or so before the car came in. Car came in about 3pm on a Friday....by time I picked it up that evening, they had them installed, aligned, and ready for me to take him home....
Old 09-01-2018, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put it in an enclosed trailer and pull it home.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you for the suggestions. Requested to put Xpel Trac Wrap for the drive, but unable to order it in time. It appears I am just going to have to take the chance. Trailer is not an option. Perhaps I could have paid to have it shipped, but seems a bit excessive. Will have my new TTRS in 2 days. Really excited. What about the service packages? Do you purchase these at the dealerships?

Quick Reply: Receive new 2018 TTRS T-6days