TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Send To Car

Old 10-22-2017, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Send To Car

I am pulling what little hair I have left out in my attempts to get this question answered. I think there was a thread about this but I cannot find it.

my basic question is this: where does one go on the MMI interface to retrieve the addresses sent to the car using either google maps or the MMI connect app? The Audi chat assistant said it was under navigation / destinations / online searches but I only see the places that I searched for in the car. I have gone through all the places I think might make sense and cannot find it. Audi connect site indicates I’m connected to the car, as does google maps.

can anyone assist?
Old 10-22-2017, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

MyAudi contacts under destinations. Older models say import myAudi destinations.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2017, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone have a nice easy to understand tutorial about Google Maps and MMI? I have a trial but no idea what or how to use it?
Old 10-24-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

THANKS!!! Been looking for that forever! It's a great time-saving feature!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Google maps with your AT&T trial makes the map display look more "realistic", with the google earth overlay instead of flat maps. But what I really like and find useful is the voice control with google navigation results (instead of using the Audi's hard drive nav data). Google can understand arbitrary strings much better, even by voice, and you more reliably get the results you want.

Press your MMI's voice command button and say "google local search <arbitrary string>". For example, "google local search 1000 van ness san francisco california" or "google local search best buy san francisco california". My MMI then asks to choice from 3 options like around current location vs. near destination vs etc. It doesn't matter, just pick #1 no matter what you said and let Google figure it out.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey94025
Google maps with your AT&T trial makes the map display look more "realistic", with the google earth overlay instead of flat maps. But what I really like and find useful is the voice control with google navigation results (instead of using the Audi's hard drive nav data). Google can understand arbitrary strings much better, even by voice, and you more reliably get the results you want.

Press your MMI's voice command button and say "google local search <arbitrary string>". For example, "google local search 1000 van ness san francisco california" or "google local search best buy san francisco california". My MMI then asks to choice from 3 options like around current location vs. near destination vs etc. It doesn't matter, just pick #1 no matter what you said and let Google figure it out.
Interesting, I'm going to have to give that a try. I initially tried Google maps but found the more "realistic" look distracting and that it seemed to not display upcoming road names a lot more than the regular nav, so I switched back. Maybe one of those cases of using Google maps when I have a specific destination in mind and the regular nav when I'm just wandering.