TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Setting tweaks with VAG-COM

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Setting tweaks with VAG-COM

Here are some tweaks for your car you can do with the Ross-Tech Vag tool.
Just an FYI: always take a pic of the stock setting prior to applying any changes.

I prefer that the turn signal flash 4 times for a lane change. Go to Central Electronics Module. Press Adaptation Button. Locate Channel from drop down menu to open up the window in the pic.
The picture shows the stock stored value as 3. Change it to 4 if you like. (IIRC any number up to 5)
Then hit the Do It! button as shown in the picture.

NOTE: You will most likely need to enter the security password in the respective module before pressing the adaptation button for any changes to be made with the Do It button in this post and the below ones. The security button is directly below the adaptation button. The VAG tool provides the password when you hover over the place to enter the code.

Last edited by AWD1; 12-12-2018 at 04:24 PM. Reason: added content
Old 12-12-2018, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default comfort closing

You can close all windows and lock your car by holding down the lock button on your key fob. You need to activate this feature in the Central Electronics module.

Go to Central Electronics Module. Press Adaptation Button. Locate Channel from drop down menu to open up the window in the pic. The stock value is not active. You need to change it to active. Then hit the Do It! button. Voila!
Old 12-12-2018, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default comfort closing visual confirmation

You can have the lights flash to confirm that the windows are rolled up and the car is locked when using the comfort closing feature in the above post.

Go to Central Electronics Module. Press Adaptation Button. Locate Channel from drop down menu to open up the window in the pic. The stock stored value is not active. Change the value to active and press Do It! You are done!
Old 12-12-2018, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here is how to get rid of that annoying chime. DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility if you forget to buckle your seat belt!!

Open Instruments module. Press adaptation button. Locate channel from drop down menu. Stock value is NO. Change it to YES and press Do It! and enjoy the newfound tranquility in your life!
Old 12-12-2018, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default DRLs off when switch is off

You can have the daytime running lights off when the light switch is turned off. They will still function normally when the switch is in the AUTO position.

Go to Central Electronics Module. Press Adaptation Button. Locate Channel from drop down menu to open up the window in the pic. The stock stored value is not active. Change the value to active and hit Do It!

DISCLAIMER: follow all local laws regarding DRL usage. Also the DRLs look very cool!

Last edited by AWD1; 12-13-2018 at 06:09 PM. Reason: updated info
Old 12-14-2018, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AWD1, Long drives in TT's need good tunes and yesterday I tried something new. Popped in The Neal Morse Band Morsefest 2017 DVD and was amazed to see I could WATCH the video - but only when at a full stop. Can you check your VAG-COM to see if a setting can be changed to allow VIDEO WHILE DRIVING? Here's screen shot of message seen while moving....THANKS!
Old 12-14-2018, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GIJoe111
AWD1, Long drives in TT's need good tunes and yesterday I tried something new. Popped in The Neal Morse Band Morsefest 2017 DVD and was amazed to see I could WATCH the video - but only when at a full stop. Can you check your VAG-COM to see if a setting can be changed to allow VIDEO WHILE DRIVING? Here's screen shot of message seen while moving....THANKS!
Everything I read said that VIM (video in motion) cannot be done easily with VAG-COM with the newer MMI unit. You need a security access code supposedly derived from a sequence of digits from the serial number of the [5F - Information Electr] controller.
The sequence I found online for an B8 A4 model did not work. However I've read that it can be done readily with a tool called OBDeleven.

If anyone has found a way to do it with VAG-COM please post it. Thanks
Old 12-18-2018, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AWD1
Everything I read said that VIM (video in motion) cannot be done easily with VAG-COM with the newer MMI unit. You need a security access code supposedly derived from a sequence of digits from the serial number of the [5F - Information Electr] controller.
The sequence I found online for an B8 A4 model did not work. However I've read that it can be done readily with a tool called OBDeleven.

If anyone has found a way to do it with VAG-COM please post it. Thanks
I have ODB11 but couldnt figure out how to get VIM to work either. Maybe cause i have a MY18?