TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Space saver TTRS 2018

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Space saver TTRS 2018

Hi can anyone help looking to purchase a space saver that will fit a TTRS 2018 does any one have any idea where i can get one and if poss the price, believe they have to be 19" to fit over TTRS calipers
Anyone advise
Thanks Des
Old 08-28-2018, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts

Compact spares don't usually cover the calipers, so you may not need a 19" rim. The compact spare from the base Mk 3 TT has the correct bolt pattern, as do recent A4 compact spares. They are around $400 but you might find a cheap used/junk A4. If it doesn't clear the front, it could still clear the rear so you might have to do a double swap if you get a front flat. You'll just have to either get the dealer service dept to see if the compact spare fits or find a friend with a Mk 3 or recent A4 and try their spare. What I did with my Mk 2 was went to a tire shop, found the smallest diameter rim that fit, and then mounted a cheap high profile narrow tire to get to the proper overall diameter. It is several inches narrower than the normal tire and I store stuff inside the rim. Cost about $175.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

You won't be able to use an A4 wheel because the center bore is a different size.

There is no spare tire with the TT RS because it has a larger battery in the trunk and a spare can't fit under the floor. In countries where a spare wheel is required, the wheel just sits open in the trunk. Not an option for the US.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by adg44
You won't be able to use an A4 wheel because the center bore is a different size.

There is no spare tire with the TT RS because it has a larger battery in the trunk and a spare can't fit under the floor. In countries where a spare wheel is required, the wheel just sits open in the trunk. Not an option for the US.
Thanks
audi never told me that but they will sell me a space saver at 179 plus vat and then 100 for tyre,
Old 09-02-2018, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Albeit not completely Kosher, I’ve been running my A5/allroad hand me down winter rims with polyurethane hub rings to compensate for the differing center bore diameter and no adverse vibration. The 5x112 lug bolt pattern of course matches and it’s the shear strength of same that takes the unsprung load.

Originally Posted by adg44
Old 09-02-2018, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for your suggestions but would rather see if i can get a space saver
Old 09-02-2018, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Albeit not completely Kosher, I’ve been running my A5/allroad hand me down winter rims with polyurethane hub rings to compensate for the differing center bore diameter and no adverse vibration. The 5x112 lug bolt pattern of course matches and it’s the shear strength of same that takes the unsprung load.
Yeah, you could use a step down ring on regular wheels (although not technically approved), but those won't work on a donut.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thank you
Old 09-03-2018, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The OEM space saver tire in my allroad was a clever full size 18" rim with an accordion-compressed sidewall. Took up no more space diameter wise than a donut and not too much thicker. Came with a 12v onboard inflater. You may want to look into that as well.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Isn't that a 1 time use spare?

Originally Posted by Huey52
The OEM space saver tire in my allroad was a clever full size 18" rim with an accordion-compressed sidewall. Took up no more space diameter wise than a donut and not too much thicker. Came with a 12v onboard inflater. You may want to look into that as well.
I assume it can't be deflated so a donut would be preferred.

Quick Reply: Space saver TTRS 2018