TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT Coupe vs Convertible

Old 05-10-2018, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Coupe vs Convertible

Can't decide between the 2. Never owned a convertible so I don't have any experience with the joy and woes of having one. What are ya'll opinions? Quick background, I am in the East Coast near DC. The weather can be all 4 seasons in one day LOL.... What do I need to worry about also if I get a convertible (ie moving parts = more likely to break)?
Old 05-10-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think think the biggest consideration would be cargo space. Other than that, get which ever one you like. With Quattro, no need to be terribly concerned about 4 seasons on either the coupe or cabrio.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Are you a wind in the hair type or not? If you would wear a ball cap in a convertible, just get a coupe.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Eli McCraig
I think think the biggest consideration would be cargo space. Other than that, get which ever one you like. With Quattro, no need to be terribly concerned about 4 seasons on either the coupe or cabrio.
If cargo is the only problem then I should go with the coupe right? And by cargo, we aren't talking about people right? LOL I hear both are terrible for back seaters...
Old 05-11-2018, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Are you a wind in the hair type or not? If you would wear a ball cap in a convertible, just get a coupe.
Wind in the hair? That's me BUUT does wearing glasses take away from that? lol
Old 05-11-2018, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superdl
If cargo is the only problem then I should go with the coupe right? And by cargo, we aren't talking about people right? LOL I hear both are terrible for back seaters...
Yes, cargo, not people. Neither back seat is usable for anyone older than 10-and maybe not even then.

But you don’t buy a TT for the cargo space, so like I said, either one-your choice.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Heck no, I wear sunglasses most of the time.

Originally Posted by superdl
Wind in the hair? That's me BUUT does wearing glasses take away from that? lol
Old 05-11-2018, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 249 Likes on 212 Posts

Having owned a TT roadster for 17 years. Cargo room - the hatch coupe gets the nod. However, the roadster has the largest trunk in its class AND has a compact spare which no other roadster offers. Also, you can put the top down to carry big/bulky things in the passenger seat for a short distance. Buying a roadster has significant social impact. As mentioned, using the back seats of a coupe is cruel and unusual punishment for adults. That said, you could use the back seats for adults for a short drive, kids, etc. The roadster limits you to one passenger - period. If you are out with a group of friends, you can't take them with you. You are always driving by yourself or maybe one of your friends. Also, is your wife/gf (both?) fussy about her hair so you can't put the top down when she is along? The reason why so many roadsters get traded in within a year is folks do not consider the social impact.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

+1 Vegas-Roadster.
I love having the top down, but being a gardener means I am in the sun all day, so driving in hot, humid sunny weather isn't all that appealing. And, being a gardener, I have the winter to myself, so a coupe is my best option.
I put on the dedicated winter performance tires and I am good to go.
B
Old 05-11-2018, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I loved owning a manul transmission coupe. No one else could ever drive it, and I was never the DD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TT Coupe vs Convertible