TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT instead of TTS - do you regret it? Or are you happy?

Old 07-20-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I had to take note that Audi has different models and options for different budgets and tastes. Who woulda thunk?
Old 07-20-2017, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Red interior was the kicker for me too. It's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on the TT-RS. The red interior is just gorgeous and looks and feels so luxurious. Just another part of what makes me smile every single time I get into the car...
Old 07-20-2017, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by f1point0
Red interior was the kicker for me too. It's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on the TT-RS. The red interior is just gorgeous and looks and feels so luxurious. Just another part of what makes me smile every single time I get into the car...
AoA deciding that all-black interiors are everyone's favorite is ludicrous.... Other manufacturers are flowing suite. Sporty = all-black. Seriously, they say....it's what people buy. Duh, it's because you ONLY offer it in black!!!! I looked at a couple of "performance models" from other brands and literally moved to an Audi because I could order a unique, trim-color amazing interior without spending some outrageous amount of money to "custom-spec" an interior and wait 6 months. It's a real shame. What blows me away is other countries already have other interior colors, so why is so hard to allow customers to order them? You already make them, why not sell them?!? Seriously, I'm not going to by a TT RS because it's only an all-black interior, and no red sticking doesn't make it not all-black. What a let down after the wait. I don't think manufacturers realize how many sales they are loosing over interior colors and the fact that 95% of every car on the lot an an Audi dealer is all-black.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Henry Ford offered black paint solely because it dried faster and thereby reduced price, but I too just don't get all the black-on-black these days. Sure, it takes a shine better than any other color but also requires eternal vigilance to maintain. And I suppose for the luxury brands in particular it imparts a maturity, although even as an elder I never want to be that mature (I didn't even like typing 'elder'). Tho' I didn't particularly like the 70's at least there were a lot of stock unique colors (as well in fairness "triple black").

At least Audi offers an exclusive path, at ludicrous price imho, but relatively few of its models/colors at that. https://www.audiusa.com/technology/d...Audi-exclusive

They pridefully demonstrate robotically changing colors from car to car on the assembly line yet charge a premium for flipping the switch to an exclusive color (I know, more to it than that). And I do understand Audi wanting to maintain a certain style sensibility in contrasting interior to exterior colors, but why offered in one model and not another in the same line (e.g. my pet peeve Palomino)?

I'll let your 95% stand in this case.

Originally Posted by farmerjones
AoA deciding that all-black interiors are everyone's favorite is ludicrous.... Other manufacturers are flowing suite. Sporty = all-black. Seriously, they say....it's what people buy. Duh, it's because you ONLY offer it in black!!!! I looked at a couple of "performance models" from other brands and literally moved to an Audi because I could order a unique, trim-color amazing interior without spending some outrageous amount of money to "custom-spec" an interior and wait 6 months. It's a real shame. What blows me away is other countries already have other interior colors, so why is so hard to allow customers to order them? You already make them, why not sell them?!? Seriously, I'm not going to by a TT RS because it's only an all-black interior, and no red sticking doesn't make it not all-black. What a let down after the wait. I don't think manufacturers realize how many sales they are loosing over interior colors and the fact that 95% of every car on the lot an an Audi dealer is all-black.

Last edited by Huey52; 07-21-2017 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A prior post said, in part, "My TT with Design Select is 1 of 16 in the US."
Maybe slightly off topic, but I too have a Design Select interior, Monsoon Gray over Admiral Blue, in a 2017 Roadster. Where did the figure 1/16 come from?I bought my car in SLC and my servicing dealer is in Calabasas, Ca. The former said my car was maybe 1/10, the latter says it may be the only one with that interior in the US! I only know it's beautiful, yet unavailable in 2018 models. Love to know if there's factory data about TT color schemes, interior especially, and how to obtain them.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by drgrey
A prior post said, in part, "My TT with Design Select is 1 of 16 in the US."
Maybe slightly off topic, but I too have a Design Select interior, Monsoon Gray over Admiral Blue, in a 2017 Roadster. Where did the figure 1/16 come from?I bought my car in SLC and my servicing dealer is in Calabasas, Ca. The former said my car was maybe 1/10, the latter says it may be the only one with that interior in the US! I only know it's beautiful, yet unavailable in 2018 models. Love to know if there's factory data about TT color schemes, interior especially, and how to obtain them.
I emailed AoA customer service and requested the productions numbers for my car. The provided me how many interiors were order with design select, and then how many had my exterior color. It was fun to know just how few of these cars are out there. You should email them
Old 07-23-2017, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, good idea
Old 08-14-2017, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
It's the same thing with manual transmissions. The manufacturers are saying that nobody buys them anymore. NO, it's because the dealers don't have them on the lots and MOST people buy what's on the lot instead of ordering. But my guess is that if the dealers ordered more sports cars with manuals, they'd sell more!