TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT MK3 2019 facelift

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts

Stopped by my dealer yesterday. 2019MY TT Order guide was not released with the September update. Maybe October? Delay could be caused by USA certification testing required for the new engines. Strange that orders closed so early and new orders are so late. 2018CY TT Sales through September are down 25% as compared to the same period in 2017 and I'm guessing almost half of the 2018 sales were the TTRS. This is bad because 2017CY annual sales were down by 25% as compared to 2016CY. The inability to order a TT for such a long interval will make 2018CY the lowest volume sale of TTs since 2015CY when no TTs were shipped to the US for 8 months. The 2018 TT sales average to about one sale per dealer every 2 months. And as I posted previously, there will be more TTs coming off lease in the next 12 months than were sold new so far in 2017. With low cost low mileage 1-3 year old CPOs being plentiful, the 2019MY TT is going to be a tough sell except for the TTRS. Good news for me since I'm looking for one of those bargain CPOs. I'm already seeing price drops. You wonder how long Audi USA can justify the cost of testing, parts inventory, etc.

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 09-20-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

The product planning by Audi is so messed up it's ridiculous. And they wonder why sales are down?!? Because no one can order one, price one, or even know when they might take possession. Throw in a 50/50% change there will be some stop-sale (like about every other model) and who knows when you will get your car. And likely no TT RS for 2019 because of certification issues? Jeez... The TT is an amazing car. To bad Audi can't get with the program to support it like it deserves.

I'm dying to see the colors/interiors/wheels/pricing for the 2019 cars.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put in my 2019 TTS order today. The 2019 TT/TTS guide is already out (though no pricing yet that I'm aware of). My dealer had an allocation and submitted the order for me, with expected delivery end of 2018 or early 2019. The TTS packages are largely the same as last year, with the addition of the Competition Package (which adds 20 inch black Y spoke wheels, gloss black fixed wing spoiler, alcantara inserts on the steering wheel with 12 hour marker, and carbon fiber inlays, in addition to red brake calipers, Nappa leather sport seats, extended leather package and gloss black accents), which is only available with Glacier White, Mythos Black or Tango Red and requires either Express Red or Black with Red Stitching (which is only available on the Competition Package). Other color options are Ibis White, Nano Grey, Turbo Blue, Vegas Yellow and Daytona Grey. Really wish the carbon fiber inlays were available separately. As far as design/mechanical changes to the vehicle, it only seems to be the facelift design changes we already know about, sport displays on the Virtual Cockpit and the 7-speed S-Tronic.

Last edited by ninja agent; 09-20-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Could someone post the order guide? I'm very interested in interior trim/color selection, contrasting sitting options, if there is an Audi Design Select interior or and pre-packed Audi Exclusive option.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Agreed, please post the order guide if someone has it.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is the 2019 TTS order guide I referenced. Don't have the guide for the TT, and the TTRS is not yet available. According to my dealer, orders for the TT/TTS are open, and I placed my order for a TTS yesterday under their allocation, with expected delivery late 2018/early 2019.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2019 Audi TTS Order Guide.pdf (738.4 KB, 236 views)
Old 09-21-2018, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks Ninja

No longer silver paint? Would like to see Turbo Blue for comparison to 2015-18 blues.

Even fewer seating choices and rotor gray is apparently now leather/alcantara.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for posting....such odd choices in my opinion. So disappointed the interiors are just focus on all-black so much and the exteriors in shades of grey.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I miss my TTS. (Sold it almost exactly one year ago.) Not that the 911 (bought in Feb) isn’t amazing, but the practicality / AWD (winter is coming) of TTS Quattro was pretty nice. Putting my deposit down for an e-Tron earlier this week got me back into casually browsing the Audi site, and playing with the Audi Configurators. While I like the idea of a BEV, I am not that wow’ed by another SUV... especially with BlackOptic missing out of the gate. (TTRS e-Tron would be wonderful.)

This 2019 TT facelift is interesting, if i were shopping for an RS, I’d be bummed that the TT (is this true?) and TTS seem to have many of the design elements (either as base or with the comp package) previously only available on the RS... like the honeycomb/octagon grill... and spoiler (still not a fan of those). The only real difference is one extra cylinder. (For roughly $15k?!?!)

Flipping that around... Looking at this order guide, it seems many or all of the elements (besides the extra cylinder, things like nicer stitching, carbon trim...) that led me to order the TTRS a year ago are will NOW be available in the 2019 TTS. Kinda diminishes the specialness of the RS, no? Remember when RS’s were more aggressive looking and wider? This new TTS might be perfect. And, the black Y spoke wheels are wonderful!

(Nevertheless... i like the idea of looking for a low mileage 2018 TT-RS CPO coming off lease.)

Last edited by BlackOptic; 09-22-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Could someone post the order guide? I'm very interested in interior trim/color selection, contrasting sitting options, if there is an Audi Design Select interior or and pre-packed Audi Exclusive option.
Weird. So, everything in the TTS Comp package is available elsewhere except the wing and the carbon trim. So... For someone (like me) who is looking for carbon trim, I can only do it with a wing. Ugh.

(Ah, the black Y wheels are only in the comp package...)

[Edit: I found the full 2019 model line order guide. There is some interesting stuff in here. Like BOP on A5/S5, but not on the A5/S5 Cabriolets ]
Attached Files

Last edited by BlackOptic; 09-22-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Quick Reply: TT MK3 2019 facelift