TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT MK3 2019 facelift

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pricing and Reasonable Expectations for Discount?

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
.....[Edit: I found the full 2019 model line order guide.... ]
BlackOptic, thanks for posting the full 2019 model line Order Guide.

Originally Posted by ninja agent
.....According to my dealer, orders for the TT/TTS are open, and I placed my order for a TTS yesterday under their allocation, with expected delivery late 2018/early 2019.
Ninja Agent, thanks for the info about placing your TTS order.

I'm about ready to order a 2019 TT (even though it apparently won't have 'seat memory'....lol). My Question regards pricing: would it be reasonable to think the price could be lower than only the 6% discount I should get as an ACNA member? BTW, I'm not at all 'new' at negotiating car prices, having purchased way too many cars over the years....BUT I'm not familiar with ordering and purchasing a yet-to-be-released Audi based on not-yet-released pricing!
Old 10-06-2018, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

I'd make sure your dealer actually has a solid delivery time. Lately Audi can't deliver an ordered car on time to save their life. Between recalls, stop-sales, certification delays and port holds I'd not get my hopes up on order a 2019 and getting it any time soon.

I am looking at replacing my TT with a R8, thinking about ordering a specific car. My dealer told my 2019 R8s are currently on a 12+ month wait for fulfillment. Maybe. He's not sure. A 2019 model might turn into a 2020 order. WHAT?!? It's ridiculous. It's like Audi will take your money, and they will call you when they get around to building your car. I've never seen a brand in such production disarray.

I was maybe going to order another TT to replace my current car once off-lease in 7 months. Dealership is telling me they have no idea wether I could get a car her in time. And we wonder why enthusiasts are abandoning the brand.....
Old 10-06-2018, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Farmerjones, is your dream R8 an unusual spec? (Nice idea, by the way.) I say this because it seems every dealer I’ve looked up, across the country, seems to have an R8 in stock. Surely someone’s gotta work with you on pricing.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Farmerjones, is your dream R8 an unusual spec? (Nice idea, by the way.) I say this because it seems every dealer I’ve looked up, across the country, seems to have an R8 in stock. Surely someone’s gotta work with you on pricing.
Not unusual in any way..... Simply trying to time the delivery of the R8 with the off-lease of the TT, making timed ordered a logical choice to ensure availability. Apparently Audi has currently suspended taking orders for new R8 cars, and the 2019 model is 12+ months away from launching (which at that point might as well be a 2020, right?!?? Of course no one really knows when Audi may change their minds and do something completely different, but that's of little help to those of us trying to take delivery at a specific time. Look at the delay of A8/A7/A7, the lack of 2019 order info or pricing, the constraint of RS cars indefinitely in the US.....sorry to rant but I've lost all faith in Audi to deliver product in a timely manner. Audi is lucky their product is good enough to wait for and be inconvenienced by....but it's testing customer loyalty in a big way. Of course this all stems to the financial fallout of dieselgate created by themselves.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Thanks Ninja

No longer silver paint? Would like to see Turbo Blue for comparison to 2015-18 blues.

Even fewer seating choices and rotor gray is apparently now leather/alcantara.
The interesting change in colors that I noticed is that Nardo Gray has now gone Nardo Gray metallic. While I would have to see it to make a final judgement, the thing I like a about my current Nardo is it's 'flat' no metallic and/or pearl appearance.

Last edited by McTTRS; 10-07-2018 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

First undisguised pictures I've seen.

https://www.tts-freunde.de/forum/ind...ttrs-facelift/
Old 10-09-2018, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks like Mexico blue.

Originally Posted by Rapture
First undisguised pictures I've seen.

https://www.tts-freunde.de/forum/ind...ttrs-facelift/
Old 10-09-2018, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapture
First undisguised pictures I've seen. https://www.tts-freunde.de/forum/ind...ttrs-facelift/
I like the new front end, at least with more black in the BO edition... and more contiguous parts... Not sure how much I like the 'hook' of the side though.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 249 Likes on 212 Posts

Well that was a big letdown for the roadster. No information on engines so we don't know if any of the US models will get the euro power bumps. No prior options now standard equipment as happened with the Mk 2 refresh in 2011 where a lot of optional features became standard. 7 paints instead of 10, 5 of them monochromatic. Cosmos blue looks virtually identical to the Scuba it replaced. Gray seats gone. At this rate in a few years your options will be 2 paint colors - black and white, with only black seats.

I'm a TT roadster fan because of its styling and uniqueness, but I can buy a much better performing BMW M240 (TTS equivalent) convertible for less money (new or used) with a wide variety of paints and interiors than a base TT roadster. I'm replacing my TT in the next year and Audi continues to do things that push me away form the brand.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Audi has completely lost touch with what it's owners want. They offer so many colors and interiors around the world, why exclude them all from the US? At least allow a special order at a reasonable price. I, too, can't see a reason to replace my TT with another, as my Murillo brown interior is about 100x more exciting than what's offered...and now an Exclusive order with an outrageous price tag is the only way to get something that would interest me. I just can't understand this obsession with all-black interiors and 15 shades of grey for exterior paint to choose from. Guess I'm gonna have to go with an R8 instead.

Quick Reply: TT MK3 2019 facelift