TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT MK3 2019 facelift

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Good move i3adSaab and we'll miss you 'round he-yah.

I had a 220V line run to the garage in my new home ... just in case.

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
Well guys.....I guess I’ll be leaving Audi after many years driving them. My TT lease is up late November....was within inches of ordering a new one, but I couldn’t resist the Tesla Model 3.....ordered one last week while still eligible for the full Fed rebate. I’ve driven a few, it honestly makes my old TT feel like a horse and buggy. It might be a risky move, but I’m jumping to the future......a go cart on steroids.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 249 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Correct

Originally Posted by BlackOptic

Plus, doesn't the TTS have a spare wheel vs no spare in the TTRS?
I was surprised to learn that the TTRS did not have a compact spare when all the other TT models do. That would not stop me from buying a TTRS though. A TTRS is the only coupe I've considered buying in the past 40 years - a great drive. However, the TTS is a great bang for the buck and if they had not dropped the roadster version in the US, I'd be driving one now. (Yet another bitch about Audi USA marketing but in this case I understand the Mk 2 TTS sales did not justify US certification cost to sell the Mk 3 TTS roadster here.)

Audi marketing in the US is a real "chicken or egg" question. Paint and interior options are being limited by poor sales but poor choices compared to rivals is hindering sales. Price jumps from the Mk2 to Mk3 did not help sales either.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Good move i3adSaab and we'll miss you 'round he-yah.

I had a 220V line run to the garage in my new home ... just in case.
Thanks, good move on the power line.....our situation is somewhat funky also, we have solar on the house and I'm generating about 1500 kWh per year more than I'm using as everything in the house keeps getting more efficient. This "excess credit" with Eversource will power my Model 3. So, almost free power, virtually no maintenance, significantly simpler design without an engine, instant torque that throws your head into the seat, lower center of gravity so there's no roll.....just to much to resist even if there are some random quality and fit/finish issues, it is the future. If Audi was making an EV TT, I'd be on it immediately. Price of my Model 3 with AWD and extended battery after Fed credit will be the same as a new TT, low $50's.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
...If Audi was making an EV TT, I'd be on it immediately...
WANT.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

We finally have some specs on the US version!!!!! The December print edition of Automobile magazine reports on a test drive of the 2019 TTS and reports key specs for the American version TT and TTS (sorry but nothing reported on the TTRS):
1. No change to the engines - same as 2018. The reported power bumps apparently will be Euro-only for now.
2. 7 speed tranny. The first 6 gears are closer together to boost torque and acceleration while 7'th gear is taller for better cruise economy. However, the reviewer said that change in driving feel is minimal.
3. While front fascia has been tweaked, America is not getting the Euro 3D honeycomb grill. The grill will be similar to the 2018 MY.
4. TT S-line package gets some cosmetic updates, a new sport mode, and retains the .4" lower suspension.
5. TTS Comp package gets some cosmetic changes, new spoiler, and a sport suspension tune on 20" rims described as "skittish" on poorer roads
6. 40 20'th anniversary coupes and 40 roadsters to be sold in the US out of 999 built worldwide. I suppose Audi dealers will demand a premium for these but, personally, I saw nothing in prior articles that make me crave this special edition. Their supposed "baseball" seats are a joke compared to the Mk 1 originals.
7. Minimal price increase. (IMO the Mk 3 is already overpriced).
8. US sales to start in early 2019

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 11-05-2018 at 05:08 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
...America is not getting the Euro 3D honeycomb grill. The grill will be similar to the 2018 MY...
Hey, thanks for all these updates. I actually wasn't really digging the 3D honeycomb grill (it just isn't the RS grill, and was a weird not-quite)... I think the '18 grill is just fine. Love the carbon inserts, and the 7th speed.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ahhh damn, the 3d grill was my fav part of the changes.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is the full Motor1 article https://www.motor1.com/news/252944/2019-audi-tt-update/

Keep in mind that this is a discussion of the Euro models, so no one knows what the US will get. For example, the US gets de-tuned euro engines so there my not be any HP increases. The US base TT already has 18" rims standard, etc, etc, etc. I've read elsewhere that the euro TTRS is getting a significant HP increase but no one knows what the US will get. I don't expect any significant differences in the 2018 vs 2019 TTRS exterior, just the changes you see in the base TT/TTS. I expect some options will become standard as happened in the Mk 2 refresh in 2011.

The special edition "baseball" seats are a joke compared to the original Mk 1 baseball with its wide strap leather stitching as opposed to the 2019 yellow thread stitching.

IMO the silver splitter and air intake on the refresh photos is fugly.
I am an American stationed in Italy. I just ordered a TT with S line package, Quattro (North American Specs). I gathered from the Motor1 article that the Quattro TT comes with slightly more power. I am not really familiar with the engines just that I will be getting a 2.0 TFSI. So am I looking at 220hp ball park in the US. I only have the 2018 spec reference sheet.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default According to my recent Automobile mag post, you wil get the 2018 engine

Originally Posted by TT_Audi_2019
I am an American stationed in Italy. I just ordered a TT with S line package, Quattro (North American Specs). I gathered from the Motor1 article that the Quattro TT comes with slightly more power. I am not really familiar with the engines just that I will be getting a 2.0 TFSI. So am I looking at 220hp ball park in the US. I only have the 2018 spec reference sheet.
So no power increase from 2018 to 2019 for the TT and TTS for North America. I've seen no info on the 2019 TTRS engine.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We finally have some specs on the US version!!!!! The December print edition of Automobile magazine reports on a test drive of the 2019 TTS and reports key specs for the American version TT and TTS (sorry but nothing reported on the TTRS):
1. No change to the engines - same as 2018. The reported power bumps apparently will be Euro-only for now.
2. 7 speed tranny. The first 6 gears are closer together to boost torque and acceleration while 7'th gear is taller for better cruise economy. However, the reviewer said that change in driving feel is minimal.
3. While front fascia has been tweaked, America is not getting the Euro 3D honeycomb grill. The grill will be similar to the 2018 MY.
4. TT S-line package gets some cosmetic updates, a new sport mode, and retains the .4" lower suspension.
5. TTS Comp package gets some cosmetic changes, new spoiler, and a sport suspension tune on 20" rims described as "skittish" on poorer roads
6. 40 20'th anniversary coupes and 40 roadsters to be sold in the US out of 999 built worldwide. I suppose Audi dealers will demand a premium for these but, personally, I saw nothing in prior articles that make me crave this special edition. Their supposed "baseball" seats are a joke compared to the Mk 1 originals.
7. Minimal price increase. (IMO the Mk 3 is already overpriced).
8. US sales to start in early 2019

What about the ugly fake bumper vents? Please say that those aren't coming to America.

Quick Reply: TT MK3 2019 facelift