TT MK3 2019 facelift - Page 8 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT MK3 2019 facelift

Old 12-06-2018, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

And now... Audi.de has the TT configurator. But, no TTS yet.

Hoping for a US configurator soon.

Man, I wish you could get carbon inlays without the comp package. I would rather have the no-spoiler look... but only way to get the carbon inserts is with the spoiler and the comp package. At least with the US ordering sheet. You can get all the other comp package items on their own (black wheels, BlackOptic)...
Old 12-06-2018, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic View Post
And now... Audi.de has the TT configurator. But, no TTS yet.

Hoping for a US configurator soon.

Man, I wish you could get carbon inlays without the comp package. I would rather have the no-spoiler look... but only way to get the carbon inserts is with the spoiler and the comp package. At least with the US ordering sheet. You can get all the other comp package items on their own (black wheels, BlackOptic)...
The 2018 TTRS order guide (which is not necessarily the same as the configurator) allowed for a no cost spoiler delete. I would suggest you check with the dealer before you conclude you cannot order what you want.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Right, I know. I waited 7 month a year ago for a TTRS without a spoiler. (I could have walked into several dealers to get one with a spoiler.) But, I ended up not buying that TTRS due to the Port Hold.

But... my current quest is for a TTS. The TTS 2019 order guide is above... and I met with my dealer a couple of weeks ago. But... I'll keep trying. I am also keeping an eye out for a CPO TTRS.

Apparently, I saw on a thread somewhere that carbon inlays for the center console are almost impossible to switch out after the fact.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You will have to do a nationwide search

Right, I know. I waited 7 month a year ago for a TTRS without a spoiler. (I could have walked into several dealers to get one with a spoiler.) But, I ended up not buying that TTRS due to the Port Hold.

But... my current quest is for a TTS. The TTS 2019 order guide is above... and I met with my dealer a couple of weeks ago. But... I'll keep trying. I am also keeping an eye out for a CPO TTRS.

Apparently, I saw on a thread somewhere that carbon inlays for the center console are almost impossible to switch out after the fact.
Any version of the TT has such low sales volume that you need to search nationwide for used cars to get the best deal. Audi USA dumped about a dozen corporate fleet TTRS on the market last summer. Cars.com shows several CPO TTRS with 5-10K mileage asking around $64K. Since the best time to buy a car is between Christmas and New Year, I'll bet you could snag one with a $60K offer. This one has been on the lot for almost 3 months and will go for even less https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7312/overview/
Old 12-07-2018, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am new to the Audi Brand. I am receiving the TT S line package. I know it comes with a fixed rear spoiler with S Line. What versions of the TT come with speed activated spoiler. And if the TT has it standard, could I delete it off the S line package. I have until 30 days out from build to make changes. What are most TT enthusiast views on Pop Up Spoiler vs Fixed Spoiler. Most of my driving would be in the City so I don't think I would hits speed enough to activate it. Any insight into what speeds it would activate or if it is switch operated would be appreciated. thanks for your Insights
Old 12-07-2018, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TT_Audi_2019 View Post
I am new to the Audi Brand. I am receiving the TT S line package. I know it comes with a fixed rear spoiler with S Line. What versions of the TT come with speed activated spoiler. And if the TT has it standard, could I delete it off the S line package. I have until 30 days out from build to make changes. What are most TT enthusiast views on Pop Up Spoiler vs Fixed Spoiler. Most of my driving would be in the City so I don't think I would hits speed enough to activate it. Any insight into what speeds it would activate or if it is switch operated would be appreciated. thanks for your Insights
The TT ordering guide is above. The default for TT and TTS is for a speed activated spoiler. Unless you get the S-line or Comp packages or the TTRS.
Given my last post, I am a fan of the clean TT look without the fixed spoiler. I'll leave it at that, and suggest we don't turn this into a 'ricer' type thread. The look is totally up to you.
My (sold) TTS spoiler activated at [edit] 75 mph... which was an odd speed, since it basically would alarm the police that you are speeding. It retracts around 50 mph.
You can also manually activate the pop up spoiler with a switch in the car.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 12-07-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The TT ordering guide is above. The default for TT and TTS is for a speed activated spoiler. Unless you get the S-line or Comp packages or the TTRS.
Given my last post, I am a fan of the clean TT look without the fixed spoiler. I'll leave it at that, and suggest we don't turn this into a 'ricer' type thread. The look is totally up to you.
My (sold) TTS spoiler activated at [edit] 75 mph... which was an odd speed, since it basically would alarm the police that you are speeding. It retracts around 50 mph.
You can also manually activate the pop up spoiler with a switch in the car.
BLACK OPTIC, Thanks for the reply. When I put the down payment down the dealer did not have a display model. The spoiler issue was an after thought. I think I like the clean lines of the Pop Up Spoiler. Plus another gadget to play with. Thanks
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm interested in what a 'ricer type thread is.

The best spoiler is whichever one you prefer the look of, I wouldn't worry about the performance difference between the two.

Last edited by Sam2; Yesterday at 04:37 PM.
Old Today, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

My stilted feeling is that the rear spoiler is a gimmick, only useful to an extent on track racing. Last TT I had, I put it in down position permanently. Just my take. Love my Mk3 TTS however.
Old Today, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by porttac View Post
My stilted feeling is that the rear spoiler is a gimmick, only useful to an extent on track racing. Last TT I had, I put it in down position permanently. Just my take. Love my Mk3 TTS however.
I doubt it is a gimmick when you get at higher speeds....the reason why the flush spoiled automatically deploys at interstate speeds. The slippery shape of this car allows for low downforce at the rear of the car, and the spoiler provides rear stability as the speeds go up.

You'll recall the original TT had an no such spoiler, and in Europe such a large number of cars lost control at higher speeds a safety investigation was launched....followed by a safety campaign by Audi to install spoilers on those cars. And a spoiler has been standard ever since. It's an interesting story, google it.

Probably in America we don't drive every-day speeds that see much benefit, but I'm pretty sure it is indeed functional. Likely the competition spoiler provides more down force at higher speeds, but really the difference here is personal preference on looks. Either you like the slick shape of the car or you like the look of a spoiler. It's just like the standard R8 and the Plus, which design do you enjoy the most. It's nice to have options.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TT MK3 2019 facelift

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: