TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT MK3 2019 facelift

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default You will have to do a nationwide search

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Right, I know. I waited 7 month a year ago for a TTRS without a spoiler. (I could have walked into several dealers to get one with a spoiler.) But, I ended up not buying that TTRS due to the Port Hold.

But... my current quest is for a TTS. The TTS 2019 order guide is above... and I met with my dealer a couple of weeks ago. But... I'll keep trying. I am also keeping an eye out for a CPO TTRS.

Apparently, I saw on a thread somewhere that carbon inlays for the center console are almost impossible to switch out after the fact.
Any version of the TT has such low sales volume that you need to search nationwide for used cars to get the best deal. Audi USA dumped about a dozen corporate fleet TTRS on the market last summer. Cars.com shows several CPO TTRS with 5-10K mileage asking around $64K. Since the best time to buy a car is between Christmas and New Year, I'll bet you could snag one with a $60K offer. This one has been on the lot for almost 3 months and will go for even less https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7312/overview/
Old 12-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to the Audi Brand. I am receiving the TT S line package. I know it comes with a fixed rear spoiler with S Line. What versions of the TT come with speed activated spoiler. And if the TT has it standard, could I delete it off the S line package. I have until 30 days out from build to make changes. What are most TT enthusiast views on Pop Up Spoiler vs Fixed Spoiler. Most of my driving would be in the City so I don't think I would hits speed enough to activate it. Any insight into what speeds it would activate or if it is switch operated would be appreciated. thanks for your Insights
Old 12-07-2018, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TT_Audi_2019
I am new to the Audi Brand. I am receiving the TT S line package. I know it comes with a fixed rear spoiler with S Line. What versions of the TT come with speed activated spoiler. And if the TT has it standard, could I delete it off the S line package. I have until 30 days out from build to make changes. What are most TT enthusiast views on Pop Up Spoiler vs Fixed Spoiler. Most of my driving would be in the City so I don't think I would hits speed enough to activate it. Any insight into what speeds it would activate or if it is switch operated would be appreciated. thanks for your Insights
The TT ordering guide is above. The default for TT and TTS is for a speed activated spoiler. Unless you get the S-line or Comp packages or the TTRS.
Given my last post, I am a fan of the clean TT look without the fixed spoiler. I'll leave it at that, and suggest we don't turn this into a 'ricer' type thread. The look is totally up to you.
My (sold) TTS spoiler activated at [edit] 75 mph... which was an odd speed, since it basically would alarm the police that you are speeding. It retracts around 50 mph.
You can also manually activate the pop up spoiler with a switch in the car.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 12-07-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
The TT ordering guide is above. The default for TT and TTS is for a speed activated spoiler. Unless you get the S-line or Comp packages or the TTRS.
Given my last post, I am a fan of the clean TT look without the fixed spoiler. I'll leave it at that, and suggest we don't turn this into a 'ricer' type thread. The look is totally up to you.
My (sold) TTS spoiler activated at [edit] 75 mph... which was an odd speed, since it basically would alarm the police that you are speeding. It retracts around 50 mph.
You can also manually activate the pop up spoiler with a switch in the car.
BLACK OPTIC, Thanks for the reply. When I put the down payment down the dealer did not have a display model. The spoiler issue was an after thought. I think I like the clean lines of the Pop Up Spoiler. Plus another gadget to play with. Thanks
Old 12-09-2018, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm interested in what a 'ricer type thread is.

The best spoiler is whichever one you prefer the look of, I wouldn't worry about the performance difference between the two.

Last edited by Sam2; 12-09-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by porttac
My stilted feeling is that the rear spoiler is a gimmick, only useful to an extent on track racing. Last TT I had, I put it in down position permanently. Just my take. Love my Mk3 TTS however.
I doubt it is a gimmick when you get at higher speeds....the reason why the flush spoiled automatically deploys at interstate speeds. The slippery shape of this car allows for low downforce at the rear of the car, and the spoiler provides rear stability as the speeds go up.

You'll recall the original TT had an no such spoiler, and in Europe such a large number of cars lost control at higher speeds a safety investigation was launched....followed by a safety campaign by Audi to install spoilers on those cars. And a spoiler has been standard ever since. It's an interesting story, google it.

Probably in America we don't drive every-day speeds that see much benefit, but I'm pretty sure it is indeed functional. Likely the competition spoiler provides more down force at higher speeds, but really the difference here is personal preference on looks. Either you like the slick shape of the car or you like the look of a spoiler. It's just like the standard R8 and the Plus, which design do you enjoy the most. It's nice to have options.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Or as iterated, just personal preference based on looks. Both versions are likely comparable in effectiveness. I personally like the even more aggressive look of the new one with the added side plates (but not so much in this color... and instagram links don't seem to work) instagram . com /p/Box7iP1Ar9i/

If only the Audi Sport Performance Parts were available here https://www.audi.com/en/experience-a...nce-parts.html

Last edited by Sam2; 12-10-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

An Update. I was told on Tuesday that my NA Spec TT would be built on 4 FEB possibly sooner. Hopefully that provides smarter folks than I when the Rest can see 19 Models showing up in the USA. Cioa
Old 12-14-2018, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TT_Audi_2019
An Update. I was told on Tuesday that my NA Spec TT would be built on 4 FEB possibly sooner. Hopefully that provides smarter folks than I when the Rest can see 19 Models showing up in the USA. Cioa
What model? TT? TTS? TTRS?
Old 12-15-2018, 01:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JPAV8S4U
What model? TT? TTS? TTRS?
JPAV… Just the basic TT with S line package. N.A. Spec'd of Course.

Quick Reply: TT MK3 2019 facelift