TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT RS long distance driver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LOVEMYGOLFR
Thank you and yes I didn't know what "side assist" meant so that is good and that is the most important one for me- I live in the hills outside of New Braunfels and my Golf R (My daily) has the complete DAP with adaptive headlights/high beams (I LOVE that feature) but it is a nicety- I must have Blind sport monitoring and that is the most important sooo
and yes would love to take a look at your ride if possible..
Agreed on the blind spot monitoring. It works very well once you get used to seeing it on the side of the mirror vs. in the mirror like many vehicles have. I actually prefer it, and the detection of cars approaching quickly from behind is quite nice as well. Shoot me a PM and we'll arrange something regarding meeting up, we'll go for a spin and you can check it out.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It actually does have Lane Keep Assist My Canadian model has it.

Originally Posted by ormandj
There's blind spot monitoring, and it's predictive (fast approaching cars will trigger flashing). The car is great, I drive in TX with mine and love it. Please check Audi's website for what it does/does not have. It just doesn't have adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. If you're near SAT, you're welcome to check out my TT RS.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jfiluk
It actually does have Lane Keep Assist My Canadian model has it.
US doesn't, at least, I have no way to enable it. Camera/etc are there, but no dice on having it hold lanes - there's no option for it in the driver assistance section.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Yes, just like the R8, the TT RS lacks driver assist features like ACC and Traffic Jam Assist, which is another reason I don't consider either one as a daily driver for me personally. Audi Side Assist is part of the tech package in the USA, but honestly that's probably the most unneeded driver assist feature there is. You guys should learn how to properly adjust your mirrors to avoid a blind spot in the first place. I have it and I leave it turned on as a piece of mind, but I don't really pay attention to it. No need at all with mirrors properly adjusted. Mine is actually an early version and it occasionally turns itself of in traffic, because it stops being able to track all the cars. Most of the time I don't even notice that it is off until a few days later when I notice the LED on the switch is off.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...id-blind-spots
Old 10-20-2017, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Yes, just like the R8, the TT RS lacks driver assist features like ACC and Traffic Jam Assist, which is another reason I don't consider either one as a daily driver for me personally. Audi Side Assist is part of the tech package in the USA, but honestly that's probably the most unneeded driver assist feature there is. You guys should learn how to properly adjust your mirrors to avoid a blind spot in the first place. I have it and I leave it turned on as a piece of mind, but I don't really pay attention to it. No need at all with mirrors properly adjusted. Mine is actually an early version and it occasionally turns itself of in traffic, because it stops being able to track all the cars. Most of the time I don't even notice that it is off until a few days later when I notice the LED on the switch is off.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...id-blind-spots
My mirrors are adjusted properly. It's still useful to have. ACC/TJA aren't necessary on daily drivers. I had it on my last vehicle (Subaru Eyesight) and found traffic jams were about the only time I liked it, otherwise you just end up cruising far too slow behind other vehicles all the time. I do miss it when stuck in heavy traffic, but I avoid high traffic locations as much as possible.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

My mirrors are adjusted properly. It's still useful to have. ACC/TJA aren't necessary on daily drivers. I had it on my last vehicle (Subaru Eyesight) and found traffic jams were about the only time I liked it, otherwise you just end up cruising far too slow behind other vehicles all the time. I do miss it when stuck in heavy traffic, but I avoid high traffic locations as much as possible.
Agreed
Old 10-20-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
LOVEMYGOLFR, my suggestion would be test drive a TTS, might be a better "sweet spot" car than the RS.
Audit Side Assist is very good, this is my 3rd Audi with this feature.
Please note that the TT does not have Memory Seats, that is the most common missing feature people complain about.
Thank you the seat thing is OK with me should have memory but for my needs no big deal- they ARE VERY adjustable however and everyone who I have asked say they are very comfortable on longer trips- looking at an RS3 also the TTRS will prolly win out) but those seats have NO side bolster adjustment and are mechanical...really?
Old 10-20-2017, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

US doesn't, at least, I have no way to enable it. Camera/etc are there, but no dice on having it hold lanes - there's no option for it in the driver assistance section.
I thought so too, initially. But after looking at pics around the forum of the rear view mirror mounting point on the CA and US cars, I don't think the US cars do have the camera installed. Which sucks because it might have been just a coding situation otherwise.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Good points on the tire pressure and comfort. I don’t have my RS yet but came from a 991 C4S. On that car if you ran at maximum load pressure instead of “comfort” pressure the car rode like a truck. Porsche would set it a maximum load pressure by default at service trips unless you told them you preferred comfort. Night and difference in driving during normal (not autobahn) driving. I would never set the tire pressure to maximum on that car as it made it miserably uncomfortable, didn’t seem to affect handling.

Guess I’ll have to find out what the correct pressures are for comfort on the RS
Old 10-21-2017, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapture
Good points on the tire pressure and comfort. I don €™t have my RS yet but came from a 991 C4S. On that car if you ran at maximum load pressure instead of €ścomfort €ť pressure the car rode like a truck. Porsche would set it a maximum load pressure by default at service trips unless you told them you preferred comfort. Night and difference in driving during normal (not autobahn) driving. I would never set the tire pressure to maximum on that car as it made it miserably uncomfortable, didn €™t seem to affect handling.

Guess I €™ll have to find out what the correct pressures are for comfort on the RS
I took of the 20" wheels and put on 19"s, set to comfort pressure and it makes all the difference. Ignore the max pressures on the door and use normal/comfort shown below. From the manual;

Quick Reply: TT RS long distance driver?