TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT/TTS/TTRS Ordering Timeline - post yours!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jenniferver2
BlackOptic...I did go with 19"...
Yes, understood. I was just wondering if you wanted to share which make/model of 19" wheels you went for. Unfortunately my 19" Hartmanns (ET 47) won't fit out fo the box for the TTRS (they will need 12mm spacer). But, that should be fine in the long run. Anyhoo...

OK. Today is "Day 15" my car is sitting "In Port" in Houston. AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH..... I just wish they'd get the transport across country going while they are waiting for the fix, and fix it once it gets here!
Old 01-13-2018, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

My order is set to begin production in a little less than 2 weeks. Wish me luck!
Old 01-14-2018, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I received a note from my Dealer basically stating that my car cannot clear Customs until this fix is applied. (I had asked them to see if they could transfer the car across country and then apply the fix.) But NO.

So, it seems a noise or emission issue is legally preventing the RS3 and TT-RS cars from being allowed to "enter United States”, and the "Stop Sale" is holding them at Port.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 01-14-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I received a note from my Dealer basically stating that my car cannot clear Customs until this fix is applied. (I had asked them to see if they could transfer the car across country and then apply the fix.) But NO.

So, it seems a noise or emission issue is legally preventing the RS3 and TT-RS cars from being allowed to "enter United States”, and the "Stop Sale" is holding them at Port.
My car arrived in Houston last Wednesday and is still there. I called my dealer to ask him about the delay. He said they haven't heard anything about cars being delayed or held at port but my car is still there. Hope this gets cleared up soon.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Interesting, now the Audi USA build site has changed the description for the sport exhaust option. It now just describes black oval exhaust tips. I suspect the sport exhaust with the pops and bangs was simply too loud. 46 states have laws against loud car exhaust with decibel limits. It's also illegal to have any kind of exhaust cutout or bypass. It's also illegal to put an aftermarket exhaust on your car. While these laws are not widely enforced I suspect getting through customs is an entirely different matter. Anyway my car is still sitting in Houston and that sucks.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It’s kind of amazing that this hasn’t hit the news more. Audi is certainly keeping it under wraps. All 5-cylinder cars would presumably be affected.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow. I didn't even want to pay $1000 for the black "sport" exhaust with 0 performance improvement, but I had to get it in order to add the dynamics package. If the sound has been removed completely as compared to the standard exhaust, I'm definitely going to demand my $1000 back before taking delivery. That thing was sold 100% on the sound.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nebuul
Wow. I didn't even want to pay $1000 for the black "sport" exhaust with 0 performance improvement, but I had to get it in order to add the dynamics package. If the sound has been removed completely as compared to the standard exhaust, I'm definitely going to demand my $1000 back before taking delivery. That thing was sold 100% on the sound.
I do not think you will be the only one extremely unhappy with the car it that form.

Is there a way in Obdeleven coding you could fix this?
Old 01-19-2018, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

As far as I know the software fix is only removing the pops and bangs which I personally prefer. I like a nice deep exhaust note but I didn't care for the pops and bangs.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RS4saloondrivr
As far as I know the software fix is only removing the pops and bangs which I personally prefer. I like a nice deep exhaust note but I didn't care for the pops and bangs.
​​
Is the exhaust note different from the default exhaust, though? Because if not, then it's $1000 to pay for black tips.

Quick Reply: TT/TTS/TTRS Ordering Timeline - post yours!