TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT/TTS/TTRS Ordering Timeline - post yours!

Old 02-08-2018, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I can't stop browsing Porsche 911 pre-owned listings. C2S? C2S cab's? (Summer is coming.)

And, then there is the 911T. Meow.

I even signed up with Rennlist. (Is that the best forum?) Possible defection.

How did I get here? Oh, yeah. "port Stop Order". 42 days (in port) and counting.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 02-08-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Although it's likely a US DOT requirement thing and not Audi per se, that is a ridiculous amount of time for a relatively mainstream vehicle to be held in port. I would be looking too!

On a related note, the US DOT has been so slow to fully approve LED lighting over Big 3 antiquated incandescent that I recently turned in my wife's Caddy ATS for a MB GLA as she always well appreciated my TTS LED's.

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
I can't stop browsing Porsche 911 pre-owned listings. C2S? C2S cab's? (Summer is coming.)

And, then there is the 911T. Meow.

I even signed up with Rennlist. (Is that the best forum?) Possible defection.

How did I get here? Oh, yeah. "port Stop Order". 42 days and counting.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update: production week still 06/18 (next week), due complete Feb 15th, port arrived in Halifax to be March 22nd. Car about to be born Exciting!!
Old 02-21-2018, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

[It has been _55_ days since your TTRS was held in Port]

Several sources saying now that the software update will happen the week of March 12th. Then 5-cylinder cars held in port should start being delivered to dealers.

No physical changes to the cars, just a re-mapping of the ECU to get the power back to where it should be. Rumor is that some 5 cylinder RS cars didn't have the full HP that they should have. Not all 5 cylinder RS cars, just a few coming off the line - where the software was not tuned correctly. These certain cars will be updated, and then all is well. Newer cars will leave the factory with the appropriately mapped engine. Older cars were not affected.

Bring it.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 02-21-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for your good updates on your TT RS delivery...

I am also waiting on the delivery of my new TT RS in Houston. Like yours, it was been offloaded in the Port of Houston in late December and is being held up for 'recertification', according to my Audi salesperson. He confirmed what you and others have said in that the hold up is limited to the TT RS, RS3 and R8. Last week I was told that delivery to me will be delayed until sometime in March. You and others were more successful in getting further details on the cause of the delay and remedies. Have you heard anything further about what Audi may offer customers whose cars are in our situation? I like the free AudiCare idea but my salesperson was not saying anything about such a remedy. Thanks again for your good communications and good luck with your delivery. FYI, my original order was created on 11 June 2017.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default 2018 tt exclusive color order timeline

hi new here
ordered a 2018 tt for wife exclusive color (morning dew green pearl effect) (rock grey int)
these dates are from emails and salesman.
9/1/17 ordered from dealer
9/6/17 received commission #
10/10/17 received the "ordered starting to move" email
12/1/17 received the" scheduled to be built, gone into production" email.
1/18/18 received the "production complete on its way to port of Emden" email.

in the middle of dec 17 I contacted the salesman and asked for specifics on "gone into production and he gave me the following.
build week 3rd wk of jan. 2018
complete by 1/19/18
ship depart from Emden week of 2/4/18
ship arrive port of Houston week of 3/3/18
and to dealer by the end of march 2018.

started looking on marine traffic . com about 2/14 and saw 3 vehicle cargo ships going to Houston, Athens highway anchored off Galveston,
Columbia highway in jackonsville and the goodwood just leaving davisville ri.

I contacted the salesmen asked if he knew ship and vin was told car was on Athens highway.
I watched the Athens highway dock in houston on the evening of 2/17 on marine traffic .com
so its been at the port for a week and hopefully leaving for dealer any day now.

only draw back is we are 800 mi from the dealer. live in Delaware, my credit union has program but only two dealers on program for the tt
one in CA. and one in IL. have to fly out to pick up and drive it home.

so it looks like just over 7 months for an exclusive color. for us.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick update - car is on the Adriatic Highway and due to get into Halifax, Canada on the 7th March. Dealer told me it was gonna be the 22nd. So we will see how long it takes to get off the boat. Still not in a rush to get it as the weather isn't any good till at least April!!
Old 03-01-2018, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by nethinim
hi new here
ordered a 2018 tt for wife exclusive color (morning dew green pearl effect) (rock grey int)
Would you share a photo of this rare color combination! Exclusive orders are very limited....in 2016 or 8 TTs were ordered in Exclusive exterior colors for America. Does that make your truly a one-off color combination?!? I find that super cool! My Tango Red/Murillo Brown is only 1 of 15
Old 03-01-2018, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Feeling a little down about my order time. It was supposed to have been built in January, but now they're saying March at the earliest with hopefully a mid-May delivery. I've been told that the same software update holding rs and r8 cars at port is responsible for a hold on my build.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default exclusive color morning dew green pearl effect 2018 tt roadster

picture in showroom was off internet, that is what made us decide on color. the 6 pictures of actual car sitting on dealers lot "it arrived Monday" appear a little bluer and darker because it is pearl effect we think that depending on what the ambient lighting is it will appear a different color. like the dealer lot pictures of rear of car look greener and the pictures from front of car look bluer. we got the rock grey interior also 2 pictures of int attached also

I spoke to vince francis the audi person referenced on this site about the lack of dealer knowledge and actual color swatches of the exclusive colors.

my wife really likes the color while looking at the pictures the dealer sent us she commented " my car is the only one on the lot with color"

so car was ordered sept 6th 2017 and delivered to dealer feb 27th 2018 so about 5 months.

I feel bad for you RS guys it will get resolved soon.

told my wife she owes me an R* in garnet red pearl effect.
Attached Thumbnails TT/TTS/TTRS Ordering Timeline - post yours!-audi-tt-morning-dew-audi-forum-7.jpg  
Attached Images         

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TT/TTS/TTRS Ordering Timeline - post yours!