TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTRS or 911?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
[It has been _46_ days since your car was held in Port]

The plot thickens... Onward and upward as they say. POTENTIAL CPO 2017 Porsche 911 GTS / 991.2, with MANUAL transmission, sports exhaust, sport chrono... and just about NOTHING else.

Sorry, I realize this is incredibly rude to perpetuate this thread here. Somebody named "Port Hold" made me do it. Plus, you can live a fantasy through me vicariously.
Beautiful car, but I read nothing but horror stories about the center lock wheels on Rennlist.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Beautiful car, but I read nothing but horror stories about the center lock wheels on Rennlist.
Most issues with CL wheels center around convenience. Owners or Indy shops not having the proper tools to deal with them. Me, I’d love to have them. I know many folks that have had them for years with zero issues.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S4Bloom

Most issues with CL wheels center around convenience. Owners or Indy shops not having the proper tools to deal with them. Me, I’d love to have them. I know many folks that have had them for years with zero issues.
Agreed it's all about convenience, but having to go to a Porsche dealer every time you have to fix a flat is a pain. It's a major issue for guys who track their cars. Granted most Porsches these days are garage queens, but still, I'd steer away from them.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Agreed it's all about convenience, but having to go to a Porsche dealer every time you have to fix a flat is a pain. It's a major issue for guys who track their cars. Granted most Porsches these days are garage queens, but still, I'd steer away from them.
You definitely do NOT have to go to the dealer to get your wheels changed. Anyone who has the skills to change a five bolt wheel can change a CL wheel. All you need is the proper torque wrench and the patience to follow the appropriate process, which is actually quite straightforward. I agree, CL wheels are not for everyone, but it’s better to let the OP decide for himself using facts and not scare tactics. Please don’t take my comment personally, just speaking from personal experience and trying to be fair.

Here is a video for the Center Lock wheel changing process:
Old 02-14-2018, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I’ll never need to know this but I had fun watching haha
Old 02-14-2018, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by S4Bloom
...it’s better to let the OP decide for himself using facts and not scare tactic...
So, I have heard those concerns. Anyhoo... We don't have to debate all of the Porsche things over here in Audi-land... But....

I do find it amusing that EVERY car For Sale discussed on RL is instantly dismissed by forum readers as "waaaaay overpriced"! I am chasing a couple of CPO's, and the Dealers are not budging. But.. There is a gattrillion 991.x 911's out there to chose from... Maybe I will find a 15-20% off MRSP that I like.

I am SOOOO bored of watching TT RS videos on Youtube, and clicking on the configuration of my TT RS spec, it is REAL NICE to have a new hobby looking for a reasonably priced 911.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I have heard those concerns. Anyhoo... We don't have to debate all of the Porsche things over here in Audi-land... But....

I do find it amusing that EVERY car For Sale discussed on RL is instantly dismissed by forum readers as "waaaaay overpriced"! I am chasing a couple of CPO's, and the Dealers are not budging. But.. There is a gattrillion 991.x 911's out there to chose from... Maybe I will find a 15-20% off MRSP that I like.

I am SOOOO bored of watching TT RS videos on Youtube, and clicking on the configuration of my TT RS spec, it is REAL NICE to have a new hobby looking for a reasonably priced 911.
So true. Sometimes your mind just needs a break from the same old same old and it is a good thing to consider something new. One thing I might mention that I don't know if it is a concern to you is the MMI on the older Porsche's (pre-2017) versus the one you would be getting on the TT RS. The 2017 models get the newer infotainment (PCM) that is much faster and smoother than on the older models. If a great infotainment system is a priority for you then that might limit your search on the Porsche front somewhat. The TT RS with the tech package would be pretty brilliant in that category, obviously.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Matthew Gaither
...The TT RS with the tech package would be pretty brilliant in that category, obviously.
[It has been _55_ days since your TTRS was held in Port]

I got a chuckle today with my ga-bah-trillionith configuration of a 911.

While not apples to apples, I thought... What 911 would 'match' the TT RS I have on order? (Not that I would likely get an AWD 911.)

So, looking for a 911 with ~400hp, ~3.8s 0-60, AWD, 2+2, leather seats, carbon inlays, leather surrounds/seats with contrasting stitching, adjustable suspension, sports exhaust, LED headlights, 'stereo system', heated seats, lane change assist, automatic, multi function steering wheel, voice control, dimming mirrors...

..You know, the basics (ha) -- a typical "fully spec'ed" TT RS (minus the Dynamic Plus Pkg).

TT RS = $74,600
911 Carrera 4S = $141,610

Wow. That's pretty funny. Two TTRS's or one 911. We have some value for money over here in Audi-land.

(But, hey, still can't decide.)

It looks like our RS's will get the software update fix the week of March 12. I have until it gets here on March 17th to decide.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 02-21-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

[It has been _55_ days since your TTRS was held in Port]

I got a chuckle today with my ga-bah-trillionith configuration of a 911.

While not apples to apples, I thought... What 911 would 'match' the TT RS I have on order? (Not that I would likely get an AWD 911.)

So, looking for a 911 with ~400hp, ~3.8s 0-60, AWD, 2+2, leather seats, carbon inlays, leather surrounds/seats with contrasting stitching, adjustable suspension, sports exhaust, LED headlights, 'stereo system', heated seats, lane change assist, automatic, multi function steering wheel, voice control, dimming mirrors...

..You know, the basics (ha) -- a typical "fully spec'ed" TT RS (minus the Dynamic Plus Pkg).

TT RS = $74,600
911 Carrera 4S = $141,610

Wow. That's pretty funny. Two TTRS's or one 911. We have some value for money over here in Audi-land.

(But, hey, still can't decide.)

It looks like our RS's will get the software update fix the week of March 12. I have until it gets here on March 17th to decide.
C&D did a 3.2s 0-60 in the latest article with the TT RS I ran 3.4 with the stock P-Zeros on heavy 20" wheels. I need to hit the strip again once it warms a bit with my lightweight 19" wheels and PS4S. Either way, definitely a great value re: TT RS and bang for buck.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's official. I am abandoning the TT RS wait. ...I found a newly introduced model, the 911 "T", hot off the boat. The buyer fell through, and it is now mine.

Don't hate. Specs = manual 7 speed, lightweight bucket seats, rear seat delete, LED lights, leather (black with red stitching) interior, Bose... and a couple of other options. Should be here in a couple of weeks, when I get back into town.

I'm gonna stratch the 911 itch for a while. I'll still have the Q7 and A4 Avant. Hopefully I'll finally make it to an RS car when the A4 Avant e-tron comes to the US of A. My TTS days were fun, but looking forward to some P-car phun.

Quick Reply: TTRS or 911?