TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTS (MK3) - Floor Jack lift points

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vic_01
Hi Huey,

The Jackpoint Jackstands looks great - really like the concept as makes it very simple to get the car on jack stands.

Can you confirm whether there is enough space to be able to work under the car - I looked at the specs and they are listed as 13 inches high, which is low compared to a standard jack stand.
That is my concern as well. Thanks for asking!
Old 12-18-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

You are correct that there is only one height given a cast piece, but it just happens to be my most used elevation, so just fine for me. They come as a pair.
Ultimate safety, which is what I was after particularly at my age, although I can still roll on a sheet of cardboard pretty quick.

btw: I believe the RhinoRamps I had were only 6.75" high for comparison.
Also for comparison my prior all road's ground clearance was 7.1" and my wife's current GLA is an SUV more typical 8". So a 13" jackstand is plenty for anything I'd be doing. Methinks if you need more than 13" then you should really be working in the realm of a QuickJack or similar portable lift (circa 20" lift).

Hi Huey,

The Jackpoint Jackstands looks great - really like the concept as makes it very simple to get the car on jack stands.

Can you confirm whether there is enough space to be able to work under the car - I looked at the specs and they are listed as 13 inches high, which is low compared to a standard jack stand.

Last edited by Huey52; 12-18-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could not find any specific adapter for the front hex shaped lift point, so created a "home-designed" version using some plumbing supplies - hopefully this is strong enough, but used twice already and no issues.

The hex shaped bushing is only for guiding into the center of the lift point as the weight will be on the washer/floor flange - the flat bottom of the floor flange can then rest on any jack.

Parts list: 3/8 Floor Flange (NPT Female), 3/8 x 1/4 bushing, 5/8 flat washer

Last edited by vic_01; 01-09-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Very nicely done Vic! There are some rugged self-reliant Yankees left in the world.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Rather than post a new thread, I'd figure I'd revive this one. I'm going to be getting protective film installed on the new car (2021 TT RS) and will be needing to lift the car to make it easier on the installer for the lower sections. Easier for the installer = a better done installation.

I have a lift at my place. I had the Audi over it yesterday and was checking/looking for the lift points. I saw a rather beefy set of "augmented" pinch welds. I say that because it almost seems like they welded 1/4" bar stock to the bottom of the pinch weld. It's painted in the body color so clearly there at the build. However, I did spot the lift points Vic_01 showed above. Question is....

What's the final verdict?

Are those lift points or do I use the pinch welds with a slotted puck?

If those are the lift points, is there an adapter to place in them before I raise the car? Some sort of puck?

I didn't take a shot of the TT on the lift, but this is a shot of the type of lift. It's a mid rise scissor lift. Brings the car up high enough for me to roll under it on a stool. The two rail plates rise together and run the length under the car wheel well to wheel well on a short wheel base car like the TT. It's messy... but it's not a "display" garage.

TTS (MK3) - Floor Jack lift points-ukj0imr.jpg

TTS (MK3) - Floor Jack lift points-jlxhgbs.jpg

TTS (MK3) - Floor Jack lift points-hiyvgxj.jpg

Old 07-22-2021, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just adding this to share and confirm. I threw the car up on the lift and double checked. The points/photos that Vic put up on post #15 of this thread are the lift points. These protrude enough from the bottom of the car that a flat puck, approximately 2" high, makes contact with the points and keeps the car separated from the lift plates. Photos are below with the car on the lift.

The front:

TTS (MK3) - Floor Jack lift points-7ghprog.jpg

The rear:

TTS (MK3) - Floor Jack lift points-qgybsdw.jpg

Thanks for the info Vic....
Old 10-30-2021, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by luisv

The rear:

Thanks for the info Vic....
the green pinch weld is the point for lifting the car right? Trying to switch my summer tire to winter
Old 12-17-2021, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Could not find any specific adapter for the front hex shaped lift point, so created a "home-designed" version using some plumbing supplies - hopefully this is strong enough, but used twice already and no issues.

The hex shaped bushing is only for guiding into the center of the lift point as the weight will be on the washer/floor flange - the flat bottom of the floor flange can then rest on any jack.

Parts list: 3/8 Floor Flange (NPT Female), 3/8 x 1/4 bushing, 5/8 flat washer

Hi there vic_01,
Thanks so much for this very helpful post! So it looks like it is totally fine to use a floor jack on those front and rear lift points identified in this thread, even though those lift points are meant to be used simultaneously with a 4-point lift? I am getting ready to do some maintenance on my TT-RS soon and I was having some reservations about using the floor jack on the pinch welds. It seems those alternative lift points would be the better location and I just wanted to verify that would be safe. Any other tips and information you could provide would be great!
Old 04-28-2022, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry to hijack such an old post- I see Vic verified the correct jack points but the underbody pic you posted with the 4 point lift is not using them at all? I am waiting on jackpoint jack stands but wanted your help on what pads you are using especially for the really odd shaped rear location?
I see you are all over this site and are super knowledgeable.
BTW, I have 2018 TTS-
Thanks!!