TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTS Soundaktor Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default TTS Soundaktor Fuse

Where is the fuse for the Soundaktor?

Unfortunately, when I got the TTS home today I found a TT Roadster manual in the glove box. I'm not sure if it is accurate for the TTS in respect to the fuse blocks.

On another thread someone says to pull fuse #5, but this manual describes #5 as Gateway. Fuse #34 in the interior fuse block is described as "Socket Relay, interior sound, back-up light switch...." I'd guess that "interior sound" refers to the Soundaktor. If so, I can't kill it by pulling that fuse because there are too many other systems on that circuit. Can someone check their TTS manual?

Is there another way to silence the Soundaktor?
Old 01-12-2016, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Don't pull any fuses.

If you want it completely off, it can be coded to 0 with the VCDS.

Or, put the car in individual mode and select comfort for engine sound. It won't be off, but it will be much more quiet.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Good advice. Disabling thoughtfully designed systems is never the ideal course of action, especially when there are ready alternatives.

In comfort mode (or comfort-set as part of Individual) the internal-augmented engine sound is quite muted. Audi really did do a great job of providing essentially a GT cruiser in Comfort mode and a sportscar in Dynamic.

One wonders JeffC why you went ahead with the TTS procurement when you found the engine sound too loud and the road feel too jarring (but again easily toned down in Comfort made). Both far less so than say the mid-engine, naturally aspirated, non-magnetic damper, Porsche Cayman.

Originally Posted by adg44
Don't pull any fuses.

If you want it completely off, it can be coded to 0 with the VCDS.

Or, put the car in individual mode and select comfort for engine sound. It won't be off, but it will be much more quiet.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm getting used to it. The ride is fixed with 18" wheels and AS tires. The road noise is a little much, but only in the rare case that I don't have the stereo playing. The engine noise is not really a big issue, but I just object to fake sounds pumped into the cabin. They are not really noticeable if I turn them (nearly?) off in Individual mode. Again, not a big issue but I thought I'd totally shut them off if possible.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

It will quickly grow on you, in a good way. Enjoy!

Alas we too are now into snow, sand & salt. The Mazda beater will now see much more action.

Originally Posted by Jeffc
I'm getting used to it. The ride is fixed with 18" wheels and AS tires. The road noise is a little much, but only in the rare case that I don't have the stereo playing. The engine noise is not really a big issue, but I just object to fake sounds pumped into the cabin. They are not really noticeable if I turn them (nearly?) off in Individual mode. Again, not a big issue but I thought I'd totally shut them off if possible.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Huey,

I doubt that I'll ever be in favor of fake engine noise.

Since the fuse is not an option, I'm looking around these forums to see if the vag-com would allow me to turn it off completely. No success so far. Can someone point me to a thread that lists the codes that can be changed on the TTS?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2016, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Huey,

I doubt that I'll ever be in favor of fake engine noise.

Since the fuse is not an option, I'm looking around these forums to see if the vag-com would allow me to turn it off completely. No success so far. Can someone point me to a thread that lists the codes that can be changed on the TTS?

Thanks
If you scroll up, I stated it can be turned off with the vagcom.

And it isn't exactly fake engine noise. It is a diaphragm making harmonic vibrations based on throttle position to amplify the engine noise. It uses the windshield to send the noises into the cabin.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I assumed it could be coded off, but I'd appreciate a little more info such as what else I can change if I pop for a vag-com.

This applied for my B8 S4:

VCDS & Hidden menu: The complete list

I don't know if it also applies to the 2016 TTS.

Can you provide a link that is more specific to the TTS or is all the coding the same?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2016, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I assumed it could be coded off, but I'd appreciate a little more info such as what else I can change if I pop for a vag-com.

This applied for my B8 S4:

VCDS & Hidden menu: The complete list

I don't know if it also applies to the 2016 TTS.

Can you provide a link that is more specific to the TTS or is all the coding the same?

Thanks
Not much progress in North America yet, too new.
There may be something helpful here:
The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - Vag-com codes and electric workshop
Old 01-19-2016, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It has been a while since I looked, but I think you go into central electronics and then adaptation and you should see one for soundaktor. Then just put it to 0.

Quick Reply: TTS Soundaktor Fuse