TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTS's have arrived in the U.S.!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS's have arrived in the U.S.!

Just stopped by my dealer and they had a black TTS sitting there. First one I've heard of actually sitting at the dealer. See photos below.

They actually had more TT's than I've ever seen at a dealer before.

Mk 3's:
1x black TTS Coupe
1x black TT Coupe
1x yellow TT Coupe
1x white TT Roadster

Used Mk 2's:
1x white TTRS
1x silver TTS Roadster
Attached Images      
Old 09-18-2015, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

By the way, not a fan of the orange side reflectors that are on the U.S. models (see close up of the wheel above) that aren't on the European ones. Sales guy thought they'll likely be inserts to buy that match body color if you want to get rid of that.

Differences I've seen with the European models (outside of options / models you can or cannot buy):

Side reflector
Door red light visible when door is open
Rear turn signal lights are red instead of orange
U.S. Roadster hatch between the seats has no green plus sign for first aid kit

And of course Sirius radio and U.S. navigation map
Old 09-18-2015, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by visuar
Just stopped by my dealer and they had a black TTS sitting there. First one I've heard of actually sitting at the dealer. See photos below.
If a Launch Edition TTS is on the west coast already, I would think it had to be built before the August shutdown in Györ. I'll be over at the St Paul dealer on Saturday, so I'll see if theirs has shown up yet - it's on their web site, along with a red one. Our Vegas Yellow TTS reached build complete on 4 September (a week early), but we won't get it until 15 October in Germany.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Given that it takes the boat a month to sail from Emden to San Diego it must've been built before August shut down for sure. I didn't look at the VIN unfortunately.

I did look at the yellow TT's VIN and it was built after mine was (about 300-ish cars later)

And yes, this was west coast. If I remember correctly they said it had arrived today.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I really like the wheels on those launch editions, but I'm generally not a fan of black cars or I would have snatched one up. I saw Mythos Black at the dealer last week (maybe on an A6? A8?) and it was interesting when it was completely clean, but how long would that last!? Still, the launch edition is beautiful. Thanks for the pics.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SimianSpeedster
I really like the wheels on those launch editions, but I'm generally not a fan of black cars or I would have snatched one up. I saw Mythos Black at the dealer last week (maybe on an A6? A8?) and it was interesting when it was completely clean, but how long would that last!? Still, the launch edition is beautiful. Thanks for the pics.
Those wheels looked great in person (as did the red calipers), but I felt the tire was not big for the big wheel arches. For cars that we feel passionate about and cost this much I'm not going to worry about getting them cleaned, I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can

I loved my Mk2 TT roadster in black! In my opinion it looked fantastic with the organic curves (roundness).

For the Mk3 I went with silver as its lines are much harder, so I think the lighter color brings that out better. I saw the black tonight, and while it looked good, I think I made the right choice. Didn't care for the white on the TT roadster either.

In the end go with the colors that you feel best about is my advice

Last edited by visuar; 09-18-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by visuar
Given that it takes the boat a month to sail from Emden to San Diego it must've been built before August shut down for sure. I didn't look at the VIN unfortunately.

I did look at the yellow TT's VIN and it was built after mine was (about 300-ish cars later)

And yes, this was west coast. If I remember correctly they said it had arrived today.
I just picked up a TT this past week that was clearly produced prior to the shutdown yet only arrived at the dealer several days prior. (Bank/dealer Invoice for the car was dated 9/5).

Dealer told me the only reason they got this one is they have already sold 2 TT and 1 TTS. So it looks like Audi shipped over some reserve cars that must have been help at US ports to be released to dealers who are actually moving these cars. Smart move if you ask me, allows dealers to probably command higher pricing with only 1 or 2 on the lot - From what I can gather some people are paying sticker.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered the TTS in red, but then my wife and I stood back and took a long look at a red TT coupe. She noticed it first. From the front view your eye is drawn to the huge black grill and air intakes. You hardly see the rest of the car. The effect is very different from what you see in Audi's advertising pictures.

Looking at a black TT coupe our eyes were not hooked on the grill. You see the whole car and all the nice lines and contours that Audi added with the Mk3. In black the car looks much more chiseled and sleek than it does in lighter colors. I changed my order to black, even though I'm a little tired of it after owning a black S4 for a few years.

Has anyone noticed the same effect with a light vs dark TT, or is it just us?

Last edited by Jeffc; 09-20-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jeffc
Absolutely, but for me I feel the opposite of you guys. I feel the lighter colors (like my silver) bring out the lines much better than the dark colors do, especially if there's shadows on the car.

That's one of the reasons why I switched to silver for my Mk3 from black that I had on my Mk2. On the flip side I like black better on the Mk2's round edges than something silver (although it still looks cool I think).

See my silver one here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-.../#post24720661

On photos the lines look less sharp than they do in person.

Last edited by visuar; 09-20-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jeffc
I ordered the TTS in red, but then my wife and I stood back and took a long look at a red TT coupe. She noticed it first. From the front view your eye is drawn to the huge black grill and air intakes. You hardly see the rest of the car. The effect is very different from what you see in Audi's advertising pictures.

Looking at a black TT coupe our eyes were not hooked on the grill. You see the whole car and all the nice lines and contours that Audi added with the Mk3. In black the car looks much more chiseled and sleek than it does in lighter colors. I changed my order to black, even though I'm a little tired of it after owning a black S4 for a few years.

J,
Red looks really good.....

Quick Reply: TTS's have arrived in the U.S.!