TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Upgraded DSG paddle from S2T Performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 02:20 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Upgraded DSG paddle from S2T Performance

A big let down for me is the plastic, squishy feeling DSG paddles on our cars. I had similar, dead feeling plastic DSG paddles in my VW GTI too but I swapped them out for some solid metal, complete replacements (No glue, set screws nor double sided tape, a 5 minute install in my GTI) from a little company named “S2T Performance Products” (Street 2 Track). The metal paddles felt so much better and lively compaired to the the plastic units, hard to really explain but it was really a night to day comparison for me, very satisfyingly crisp.

I contacted S2T when I ordered my TT RS almost two years ago now to see if they planned to make a replacement paddle for the new TT RS? Sadly at the time they said they hadn’t planned to make any as it was too small a market to make it worth while. Today however, the TT RS shares the same plastic paddles with the current Audi R8, RS3, RS4 (EU), RS5, RS6 (EU) and maybe others that I’m not aware of but certainly a larger market today for a little company to tap into.

If you’d like solid metal paddles to replace the plastic ones, S2T is currently asking interested parties to email them. Goto their website to check them out and if you’re interested please drop them a line...

www.s2tpp.com

sales@s2tpp.com

I don’t work for S2T or anything like that, I just appreciate quality products from small local businesses... and yes, I really want some too

Old 03-05-2019, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by BRKNJMPR
....if you’re interested please drop them a line...
Done!
Old 03-05-2019, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by McTTRS
Done!
And the reply:
"Thank you for your interest in our Paddle Shifters!

Yes, we are working on the designs for Paddle Shifters for the new Audi 2015+ Models, including the TT RS.
However, there have been several delays due to the continued evolution of our other Paddle Shifter products. We are currently in transition phase now. We plan to have the new Audi Paddle Shifters available later this year.

As always, please don't hesitate to contact us for any update regarding the Audi Paddle Shifters.

Kind regards,

S2T Performance Products"
Old 03-05-2019, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I currently have the LEYO paddles which I think are the nicest paddle extensions you can attached to the stock paddles. They feel much better than stock but my beef with them is the shift mechanism still feels plastic.

Would these paddles fix that? and give a more solid click?
Old 03-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by crester
I currently have the LEYO paddles which I think are the nicest paddle extensions you can attached to the stock paddles. They feel much better than stock but my beef with them is the shift mechanism still feels plastic.

Would these paddles fix that? and give a more solid click?
I put these (S2T) in my 2016 VW GTI which also came with plastic DSG paddles, the change was night and day. I had also first tried a similar alloy extension like the LEYO paddles which use set screws to attach to the OEM paddle... To answer your question, IME it does indeed get rid of the "Dead Feeling" and amplifies that satisfying rigid click of the solenoids.

Sadly I recently invested in some very nice carbon fiber paddle extenders and was excited to install them but once I completed the install it was very disappointing. The CF extensions feel rigid by themselves but when I use the very tops of the paddle extensions I can see and feel the noticeable flex (almost binding which makes things even worse) in the OEM paddles due to the added leverage. Because the S2T units are an all metal replacement there is no flex to be had even at the ends of the paddles. They do look like a rather pricey investment but the incredible tactile feel they add make it all worth it IMHO, YMMV.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by McTTRS
And the reply:
"Thank you for your interest in our Paddle Shifters!

Yes, we are working on the designs for Paddle Shifters for the new Audi 2015+ Models, including the TT RS.
However, there have been several delays due to the continued evolution of our other Paddle Shifter products. We are currently in transition phase now. We plan to have the new Audi Paddle Shifters available later this year.

As always, please don't hesitate to contact us for any update regarding the Audi Paddle Shifters.

Kind regards,

S2T Performance Products"
I also wrote and got the exact same form reply.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put these (Leyo V4 Paddle Shifter) on my TTS if anyone was curious on how they look on the wheel. They are great quality and I am pretty happy with them. Don’t love the PD logo but I think these are the best out there. They are screw in and don’t use the 3M adhesive. =left
Old 03-30-2019, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

How much? Thx.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ourlee
How much? Thx.
As your Google is apparently broke, $150 - see https://www.leyo-motorsport.com/audi...e-shift-extens. Note that the TT RS is not listed as one of the fitments.