TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

VAG code to enable euro-style OLED tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default VAG code to enable euro-style OLED tail lights?

Does anyone know if there is a VAG code to enable the euro-function of the OLED tail lights? I would really like to have the additional animation on mine.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you said VAG. heh....eh.

I'd like to know this too.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

For those of us with *lower* TT's, what's the difference? I know there's an option to do swipe-only vs flash and swipe (US required) for the simple turn signals on non-RS...

Also VAG *giggles*
Old 05-23-2018, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

In Europe, unlocking the car when it's dark/first turning on the lights results in a neat little animation where the lights kind of "spiral" on. In the USA, they just turn on all at once, and then the turn signal animation plays. It's rather anti-climactic.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow that's odd, I didn't think the regulators could have anything to do with the car when it's not even turned on or moving yet... Do you guys also have a multi-segment front turn signal aka front swipe?
Old 05-23-2018, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by macaddict111
Wow that's odd, I didn't think the regulators could have anything to do with the car when it's not even turned on or moving yet... Do you guys also have a multi-segment front turn signal aka front swipe?
The TT taillights aren't wired to know the vehicle speed and when not to animate, so if you drive through a tunnel and your lights come on, it would have animated the taillights. This is why it is disabled in the US.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ah that makes sense. Although in order for the tail lights to change settings like with VCDS (Euro swipe vs US swipe/blink), they (if they have their own controllers) or their controller (maybe body control module) has to be able to deal with at least a few incoming signals, so you'd think they COULD have... Oh man I want to see that now! Someone should post good videos of all the different modes. Also someone should post the replacement unit cost just so I can have a good chuckle.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

(at about 1:26)

Those two vids are euro-style. If nobody has a link to usa-style, I'll try to record a video tonight.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm confused, are you asking about turning on the animation of the Oled's on non Oled tail lights? Or are you asking about enabling the ROW animation of Oled tail ights on US cars with Oled's.

I wouldn't think you could turn on the animation of the Oled on non Oled taillights as their capabilities are different, they have their own unique ECU and wiring from what I've been told.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rapture
I'm confused, are you asking about turning on the animation of the Oled's on non Oled tail lights? Or are you asking about enabling the ROW animation of Oled tail ights on US cars with Oled's.

I wouldn't think you could turn on the animation of the Oled on non Oled taillights as their capabilities are different, they have their own unique ECU and wiring from what I've been told.
Only OLED. The USA OLED lights are physically the same as the European, but they are programmed differently. It's almost dark enough here. I'll shoot a video in a little while.

Quick Reply: VAG code to enable euro-style OLED tail lights?