TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Wait for the 2020 TTS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Wait for the 2020 TTS?

I have been getting lots of offers from local dealers to buy a 2019 TTS, but am thinking of holding out for the new 2020 model.
From what I have googled, it doesn't seem to be a significant departure.
Anyone out there with info?
Thanks Bob
Old 06-28-2019, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buy it while you still can

Originally Posted by Gbob
I have been getting lots of offers from local dealers to buy a 2019 TTS, but am thinking of holding out for the new 2020 model.
From what I have googled, it doesn't seem to be a significant departure.
Anyone out there with info?
Thanks Bob

There's been some doubt about whether the 2020 will be sold in the US as Audi has stated it will soon discontinue this model. Better buy while you can...
Old 06-28-2019, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

2020 is part of the US build guide already. No pricing TT and TTS only so far. ETA? First quarter next year in all reality, the earliest

never any real programs on these cars, so pricing will only go up this year to next (slightly)
Old 06-28-2019, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts

Buy now! Agree with the two prior responses. While the TT and TTS are part of the build guide, Audi USA can always change their mind. US TT sales have really cratered this year, down over 35% from 2018 which is one of the worst years ever (one new TT sold every 2 months per dealer in 2018 and about half of those were TTRS) , making some wonder why Audi even bothers. The 2019 face lift was a dud with none of the performance enhancements and new standard equipment we saw in the Mk 2 facelift. In the last years of the Mk 2 a lot of options became standard equipment but since this did not happen for the facelift, no one knows what will happen in 2020 MY. Also, there is a flood of CPO low mileage off-lease 2016 TTs hitting the market priced in the mid $30s which is taking away from sales of new TT (and TTS coupes asking in the high $30s). Bottom line is that it is a buyers market for new and used TTs. If buying new, demand at least a 6% discount.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks Guys,
I looked at some of the offers, and see there are a lot of stipulations that make getting the car in the color I want nearly impossible, let alone be able to haggle the price. I am also an Audi USA member and should get a 6% discount on top of any offer, but reading the offer it seems to exclude this, as well.
If I have some time, I might just give them a call and see what's up.
Bob
Old 06-28-2019, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Thanks Guys,
I looked at some of the offers, and see there are a lot of stipulations that make getting the car in the color I want nearly impossible, let alone be able to haggle the price. I am also an Audi USA member and should get a 6% discount on top of any offer, but reading the offer it seems to exclude this, as well.
Bob
ACNA gets you 6% off MSRP. Unfortunately short of loyalty there are no incentives off TT’s.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yep

Thanks Guys,
Bob
As SCarGuy said, the ACNA discount is on new car MSRP, not the negotiated price. If you want the best deal, you have to search nationally and buy off the lot. There are presently about 75 new TTS for sale nationally on cars.com and autotrader. Have them make you a deal that will make it worth your while to go there and drive it home. I'm presently shopping for my fourth TT since 2001, all bought in SoCal and none from the 2 high priced local dealers.
The ACNA discount is great for those who do not like the haggle but I often see SoCal dealers advertising sales with 6% off and more. I've been complaining to ACNA that their old program of a $500 rebate on top of the negotiated price for a new or CPO car was a better deal for the experienced buyer, which I would assume includes most ACNA members.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

You've bought 4 TT's in a 10-year span but then since held onto your present TTR for 8 years? No wonder TT sales have 'cratered.'

I've used the no stress ACNA discount for all my Audi buys however agree that there are better deals to be had, especially with so many units sitting on dealer lots (I've bought year old-but-new off lots a number of times).

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
As SCarGuy said, the ACNA discount is on new car MSRP, not the negotiated price. If you want the best deal, you have to search nationally and buy off the lot. There are presently about 75 new TTS for sale nationally on cars.com and autotrader. Have them make you a deal that will make it worth your while to go there and drive it home. I'm presently shopping for my fourth TT since 2001, all bought in SoCal and none from the 2 high priced local dealers.
The ACNA discount is great for those who do not like the haggle but I often see SoCal dealers advertising sales with 6% off and more. I've been complaining to ACNA that their old program of a $500 rebate on top of the negotiated price for a new or CPO car was a better deal for the experienced buyer, which I would assume includes most ACNA members.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually, I get a car about every 6 years

Originally Posted by Huey52
You've bought 4 TT's in a 10-year span but then since held onto your present TTR for 8 years? No wonder TT sales have 'cratered.'

I've used the no stress ACNA discount for all my Audi buys however agree that there are better deals to be had, especially with so many units sitting on dealer lots (I've bought year old-but-new off lots a number of times).
I bought the 2001 new. I keep my cars for 80-90K miles because I drive to SoCal beaches a lot in the summer and don't want to be stuck near Death Valley in 110+ degree heat, and love to drive the rural southwest where you are often 50 miles from a gas station much less a garage so I need ultra-reliability. So I needed to get another TT in 2007 and discovered the incredible deals on slightly used TTs in SoCal so I got my 2004 with 10K miles as a private party sale from a millionaire who had it as his third car. Then in 2013 I found my present TT CPO that had been sitting on a lot for 7 months. I talked to the dealer several times over that time period but they were asking $39K for the 2011 with 8K miles and would not budge much. I called again between Christmas and New Year (the best time to buy) and they accepted my $34K offer. It's now 6 years later and am going through the same process again. I've found several 2016 low mileage roadsters in the low 30s but they all had paint and interiors that are not desert friendly. Black or dark gray with black interior. Yeah my present Scuba is not much better on the paint side but at least the seats are light gray so you do not sit on a frying pan here in the summer.

The OP could save around $20K by getting a low mileage 2016 TTS.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saw the 2020 order guide

And TT and TTS were both on there. No prices yet. Biggest change I saw was Pulse orange replaced vegas yellow as a color option.

Will the 2020 have the new Euro style grill or keep the same US style grill from the last few years?

Quick Reply: Wait for the 2020 TTS?