TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Waiting 14 months for Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting 14 months for Stage 1

We have a great german performance shop in Nashville. I have had several guys who have had work there and they get glowing reviews. So far I love my TTS. It is killing me inside (not really) to wait 14 months to get a Stage 1 tune. The power gains are off the charts. I have researched this a lot and the power gains are real and really make a difference. Many of the reports state that there is minimal risk with the Stage 1. No engine parts are changed. I wish I knew for certain that the Stage 1 would not cause any problems with the car. My wife loves this car and is onboard with a tune as well. I have come very close to saying "Blank it, Im doing it anyway" But then my smarter side speaks up and talks me down off the ledge. Do I really want to possibly throw away 14 months of having a lot of protection. I wanted an RS because I knew it was the power I wanted without a tune. I found the TTS at such a great price and condition that I really could not pass it up. It is plenty quick stock but when you enter the 3.6/12 second quarter mile then it is a different level. I know there are many cars that are faster but that will always be the case. The Tesla is still the quickest to 60 ever tested according to car and Driver and I have NO desire to own an electric car. Of course the tune shops swears that there has not been any issues with the Stage 1. Just wondering if I am the only TTS guy looking for a little more.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what about this

https://www.goapr.com/plus/#s3
Old 07-23-2018, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had heard about this. The shop in nashville mentioned it as an option. Of course as a true salesman he had no experience with the warranty as he has had no problems with the Stage 1 tune. Overall he seemed to infer that the issues could occur with the upper Stage tunes when engine parts are changed along with exhaust etc. If I can't wait this may be an option as long as it is not so limited that it really offers No coverage for the big ticket items. I saw a rough estimate if the transmission goes and it was unreal $9500 as a ball park. Now that is a scary thought.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could you share the name of the shop please?

Regards,
mlfox

Originally Posted by robbky48
We have a great german performance shop in Nashville. I have had several guys who have had work there and they get glowing reviews. So far I love my TTS. It is killing me inside (not really) to wait 14 months to get a Stage 1 tune. The power gains are off the charts. I have researched this a lot and the power gains are real and really make a difference. Many of the reports state that there is minimal risk with the Stage 1. No engine parts are changed. I wish I knew for certain that the Stage 1 would not cause any problems with the car. My wife loves this car and is onboard with a tune as well. I have come very close to saying "Blank it, Im doing it anyway" But then my smarter side speaks up and talks me down off the ledge. Do I really want to possibly throw away 14 months of having a lot of protection. I wanted an RS because I knew it was the power I wanted without a tune. I found the TTS at such a great price and condition that I really could not pass it up. It is plenty quick stock but when you enter the 3.6/12 second quarter mile then it is a different level. I know there are many cars that are faster but that will always be the case. The Tesla is still the quickest to 60 ever tested according to car and Driver and I have NO desire to own an electric car. Of course the tune shops swears that there has not been any issues with the Stage 1. Just wondering if I am the only TTS guy looking for a little more.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 07-23-2018, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mlfox
Could you share the name of the shop please?

Regards,
mlfox
Sure thing. see above