TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Waiting on the 2018 TT RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bit of intel on delivery timeframe of new 2018 TT RS

Yesterday my dealer here in Mpls said "the hold has been removed from the TT RS" so it should be placed on a truck soon, for delivery.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Sartorialista
Yesterday my dealer here in Mpls said "the hold has been removed from the TT RS" so it should be placed on a truck soon, for delivery.
My dealer has confirmed that the port hold has been lifted so we should see them any day now.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by McTTRS
My dealer has confirmed that the port hold has been lifted so we should see them any day now.
... waiting, waiting. Have they been put on a truck yet? How many stops before they get to Minneapolis? Why is this process so opaque? These are the questions that torment me ...
Old 07-05-2017, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

A fashion designer/appreciator must also appreciate that automotive excellence takes time. It will soon be there, and well worth the wait!

... waiting, waiting. Have they been put on a truck yet? How many stops before they get to Minneapolis? Why is this process so opaque? These are the questions that torment me ...
Old 07-05-2017, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
A fashion designer/appreciator must also appreciate that automotive excellence takes time. It will soon be there, and well worth the wait!
Hey Huey52, Wiser words were never spoken. It is kind of delicious, the wait. How do you like your B & O speakers?
Old 07-05-2017, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I've had both Audi Concert and B&O and to my perception the B&O are well worth the relatively reasonable additional expense. In fact I was just out for a morning errand drive with the windows down and B&O [atypically for me] blaring and it was very nice.

Hey Huey52, Wiser words were never spoken. It is kind of delicious, the wait. How do you like your B & O speakers?
Old 07-05-2017, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been on the prowl for an available TTRS for a couple of days now and have found 5 within 500 miles or so (live in VA). The dealers are all saying their TTRS will arrive sometime next week. White, Red or Grey...decisions decisions! None are budging off MSRP yet and no price gouging over MSRP either though from the dealers I've spoken too.

Update: managed $500 off MSRP from one dealer. Not exactly lighting the world on fire.

Last edited by bmoney; 07-05-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hopefully be looking at purchasing an TT RS next year and wondering where might be the cheapest state to purchase one in ? I would be transporting it back to Ca. and getting it titled here, but curious about the total cost and if it would be worth it. Any issues with the new TT RS from out of Ca. still being Ca. SMOG/Inspection compliant ?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Most states now have the same emissions requirements as CA so all US-bound TTRS are the same. Thankfully this isn't the 70's necessitating attached "smoggers."

Originally Posted by civi
Hopefully be looking at purchasing an TT RS next year and wondering where might be the cheapest state to purchase one in ? I would be transporting it back to Ca. and getting it titled here, but curious about the total cost and if it would be worth it. Any issues with the new TT RS from out of Ca. still being Ca. SMOG/Inspection compliant ?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That is great to know. Thank you. One step done

Quick Reply: Waiting on the 2018 TT RS