TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

What are people paying thread..

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 09-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noted...

*** in Orientation phase. Making me rethink ever purchasing this car.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

It's a great all season, very versatile, unique, sports coupe. Forums by their nature tend to emphasize the negatives. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Fubar-Retiree
Noted...
Noob in Orientation phase. Making me rethink ever purchasing this car.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Noted...

*** in Orientation phase. Making me rethink ever purchasing this car.
Most enjoyable car I have ever owned, a total hoot to drive. My friends have cars that cost twice this much...and they are stunned at its performance and technology at this price point. One of the most underrated cars sold today. There is simply not another car out there comparable. This TT is my only car, my daily driver, and spends time on the track in the summer and marches through blizzards in the winter. After I purchased mine, my Audi salesman finally bought his own.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Most enjoyable car I have ever owned, a total hoot to drive. My friends have cars that cost twice this much...and they are stunned at its performance and technology at this price point. One of the most underrated cars sold today. There is simply not another car out there comparable. This TT is my only car, my daily driver, and spends time on the track in the summer and marches through blizzards in the winter. After I purchased mine, my Audi salesman finally bought his own.
Nice farmerjones! Of course I concur on every point.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you guys. I probably will not be getting a TT as a used one is located 800 miles or so away from me. I am concerned parts might be tough to come by as manufacturers are no longer supporting vehicles past 7 years. Recently, I fell victem to this non-availibility with Jeep after 7 years ownership. I have dug around investigating this issue and have found this could very well become very concerning as economics to include pollution laws become more vigorus.

It is making me reconsider my purchasing as I and my wife tend to hang on to vehicles that lend us reliability and utlity.

This search I am doing now at age 63, is a search for my first fun car versus many others pushing me into the Harley Davidson world. Goldwing even. I think I am done two wheeling.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Consider a Golf R or even a 7.5 GTI.
Im also a pro RF Miata guy. Tons of folks transitioned from a bike to a Miata. As a benefit, the community is strong and your demographic.
Go to Miata net
Old 09-28-2018, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porttac
Nice farmerjones! Of course I concur on every point.

this one post sums it up. I have an S5 sportback which is great but too much for a single guy who is retired. I have been side eyeing the TT since the mk 3 came out. now finally its gotten the 7th gear it needs [had a 16 S3 which is great but impractical and suffered from the same thing. still it was a great road trip car...] and everyone I ask says its definetly a daily driver and single car prospect. I can afford 2 cars but dont want them. the TTS now officially has my focus thanks to your confirmation of the TT as a daily. thank you very much.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Latter 60's retiree myself, and likely just as FUBAR, so it's good to see similar thoughts from ourlee, OneofOne, porttac, farmerjones, et al.

The Mazda Miata world continues to thrive and they are very fun/easy vehicles to maintain and mod (have had a couple MX-5's, an RX-8, daughter's Mazda6). They are of course tiny and therefore best for back country roads.

The Golf R is the ultimate "hot hatch" cousin to the TTS. If you need even more Jeep-like practicality this is an excellent consideration (have had a number of Jeeps, but not a Golf R).

I got my TTS as a retirement "one car to do it all" and in almost three years of daily driving it (well, not so daily retiree of course) it has been practical, reliable and Fun! You would pay considerably more for a Cayman comparably equipped, and somewhat more for maintenance (considered myself).

I moved a couple months back and it was amazing how much of my 'most treasured' stuff I carried in my TTS. The highway & byway performance still surprises me. With proper winter tires and its Quattro AWD care-free all season operation as well.

We don't have enough long term data for you as the Mk3 arrived in Europe in later 2014 and NA latter 2015. However the TT in general has been around about as long as the Miata. And the 2.0T engine has a good record across many Audi/VW vehicles. The MQB architecture is also here to stay for quite some time across their platforms. So in Audi we trust in terms of build quality, over engineering and stout components.

Do treat yourself to a test drive.

Thank you guys. I probably will not be getting a TT as a used one is located 800 miles or so away from me. I am concerned parts might be tough to come by as manufacturers are no longer supporting vehicles past 7 years. Recently, I fell victem to this non-availibility with Jeep after 7 years ownership. I have dug around investigating this issue and have found this could very well become very concerning as economics to include pollution laws become more vigorus.

It is making me reconsider my purchasing as I and my wife tend to hang on to vehicles that lend us reliability and utlity.

This search I am doing now at age 63, is a search for my first fun car versus many others pushing me into the Harley Davidson world. Goldwing even. I think I am done two wheeling.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

As I am minutes away from some of the best foothills to Southern Sierra Mountains here in California, paved roads abound! I have tested five Miatas as well as hot climate tested a soft top on a 104 summerday. The small Air Conditioning cannot keep up, the driver/passengers head get pretty hot as well. But, as I indicated above, the small Roadster is supposed to be an alternative to having no environmental protection (Road Bike) planting my skinny boney butt inside the cockpit a Miata offers. My upper body cannot fit properly beneath the RF roof, my head must be cocked over towards the middle, and well? I don’t like it so much.

The soft top is fine. I will not be touring, mostly an errand runner.

It is sad a TT, even a used one is nowhere to be found as a “give it a whirl tryout”

I most diffinitly see the marketability issues the Audie TT suffers. Such customer base as it is.

Quick Reply: What are people paying thread..