TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

What are people paying thread..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ourlee
Consider a Golf R or even a 7.5 GTI.
Im also a pro RF Miata guy. Tons of folks transitioned from a bike to a Miata. As a benefit, the community is strong and your demographic.
Go to Miata net
Cages. Or Gagers... Fully enclosed sedans. I like the body design of the VW Golf. In a straight line even traveling would be much more comfy than the Mazda Roadster. More gadets, more ECM’s yes, even ECM runs the power train on both of these cars. Makes me wonder, in seven years, will such ECMs be available as replacement parts? Will they be rebuildable? VW has bunches of circuit boards putting juice to everything to make it all happen.

Last week I viewed a YouTube video. It was a presentaion on the automobile market producing disposable vehicles. Several years ago, I watched a Youtube video on a International Auto conference speak about countries manufacturing X Range of vehicles offering no other styles, except government approved versions designed to offer enviromental clearn air mandates, including fuel standards.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Vehicles are rolling computers these days. I used to pride myself in always being able to at least limp home a vehicle regardless the issue, but these days if a computer system goes out you're dead in the water (well, on the highway).

On the plus side the "learning ECU" does a remarkable job of tuning on a continuous basis for both economy and performance. Not to mention computer input/control for a zillion other things in the transmission and suspension. Consider that in our drive-by-wire vehicles you are just one of many inputs to the computer. iow you tell it what you want (e.g. computer input accelerator pedal) and the computer essentially decides how it will implement. But then this technology/philosophy has been with us since the F-16 jet. The ECU and related systems do things that no amount of ol' school tinkering could accomplish.

All cars are essentially disposable these days. And heck most will be electric in the not too distant future anyway, that is until the hydrogen fuel cell finally makes a widespread appearance. So don't worry about future parts availability and just live and enjoy for today.

In the near term it appears that the Golf GTI or R is in your future. I'm sure it will work well for you.

Originally Posted by Fubar-Retiree
Cages. Or Gagers... Fully enclosed sedans. I like the body design of the VW Golf. In a straight line even traveling would be much more comfy than the Mazda Roadster. More gadets, more ECM’s yes, even ECM runs the power train on both of these cars. Makes me wonder, in seven years, will such ECMs be available as replacement parts? Will they be rebuildable? VW has bunches of circuit boards putting juice to everything to make it all happen.

Last week I viewed a YouTube video. It was a presentaion on the automobile market producing disposable vehicles. Several years ago, I watched a Youtube video on a International Auto conference speak about countries manufacturing X Range of vehicles offering no other styles, except government approved versions designed to offer enviromental clearn air mandates, including fuel standards.

Last edited by Huey52; 10-01-2018 at 03:33 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

There seem to be 9 new 2018 TT-RS's and 13 Used TT-RS's as of today (10/12/18).
  • New ones are listed at MRSP, except one that is 6% off.
  • Used are now listed at $69k to $67k.
  • e.g. There's an ideal GW TTRS with only 817miles for $69.9k listed that is in the ballpark
  • I'm with (I think it was Vegas-roadster?) who's predicting a lot of TTS/TTRS leases to be returned soon... and stay calm...
I'm shooting to get 12% off a new TT-RS... there are two Dynamic Plus Package (i.e. spendy setups) for $79k, that I'd go for if they were $69k. Let's see what the dealer says. I'm in no hurry (waiting for market to recover).. so I am interested in seeing more about the 2019 TTS with the comp package as details emerge.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts

To clarify, I predicted a drop in used 2016 TT and TTS prices as 1500 come off lease in the next 15 months which is more TT/TTS that were sold in 2018. I'm already seeing off-lease cars showing up at indy lots from auctions. I have no idea how many TTRS were on a 1 year lease. What I can say is that the second year of the Mk 2 TTRS was way overproduced and there were many still sitting on Audi dealer lots well into 2014.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
To clarify, I predicted a drop in used 2016 TT and TTS prices as 1500 come off lease in the next 15 months which is more TT/TTS that were sold in 2018. I'm already seeing off-lease cars showing up at indy lots from auctions. I have no idea how many TTRS were on a 1 year lease. What I can say is that the second year of the Mk 2 TTRS was way overproduced and there were many still sitting on Audi dealer lots well into 2014.
Yup. Got it. Getting a ’16 or ‘17 TTS for low(er) 40’s would be totally sweet.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

One month into my 2017 TTS Glacier White with 35K mi. Paid $36K and added warranty on top of 18 months left on manuf. Going tomorrow to have Auto Butler added. Owning an S or RS has been a dream of mine and I’m very happy.