TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

What's the difference between 2017 and 2018 TT models

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What's the difference between 2017 and 2018 TT models

What's the difference between 2017 and 2018 TT models? Will there be any new tech for 2018?
Old 04-22-2017, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not think 2018 model changes have been announced.
I would expect only minor changes as is not a facelift year.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure the TTS will also get the same updates the Golf R/S3 has; 310 HP and 7 speed dct. Also improved haldex I believe?

But with Audi NA we never know if we get those improvements anytime soon :P
Old 04-24-2017, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just saw the '18 order guide for US, didn't see anything significant, looks like same powertrain and tech. There is s-line competition package available for TT, and more exterior colors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2018 Order Guide Comp.pdf (4.43 MB, 634 views)
Old 04-24-2017, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 249 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Fake news on colors! You had me excited

Originally Posted by silkyms3
Just saw the '18 order guide for US, didn't see anything significant, looks like same powertrain and tech. more exterior colors.
Still 10 colors. Still 7 boring monochromatic plus a red, blue, and yellow. The blue for the coupe changes from scuba to ara. BFD! Admiral blue seats appear to have vanished for the roadster. Probably the same stupid restrictions on pairing interior colors with paint colors unless you love black seats. But, hey, for only $4K more you can go Audi exclusive and get the car colors you want.

For the same price, after discounts, and offering many more interesting paint and interior colors, I'm being more and more tempted to end my 16 year TT love affair and buy a BMW M240 that is on almost everyone's 10 best list for performance
Old 04-24-2017, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
Still 10 colors. Still 7 boring monochromatic plus a red, blue, and yellow. The blue for the coupe changes from scuba to ara. BFD! Admiral blue seats appear to have vanished for the roadster. Probably the same stupid restrictions on pairing interior colors with paint colors unless you love black seats. But, hey, for only $4K more you can go Audi exclusive and get the car colors you want.
Yeah, scanned the guide too quickly and must've mixed it up with another model. But hey, you can get yellow, red, or gray interior seat trim colors on the TTS.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
For the same price, after discounts, and offering many more interesting paint and interior colors, I'm being more and more tempted to end my 16 year TT love affair and buy a BMW M240 that is on almost everyone's 10 best list for performance
I had really considered going down that road too, (and for similar reasons) but was disappointed in the BMW after all the hype.
Drove an xDrive Coupe and I found it heavy and so unrefined compared to the TT.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silkyms3
Just saw the '18 order guide for US, didn't see anything significant, looks like same powertrain and tech. There is s-line competition package available for TT, and more exterior colors.
Do you know when the prices will be released for the TT's and packages?
Thanks
Old 04-26-2017, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
I had really considered going down that road too, (and for similar reasons) but was disappointed in the BMW after all the hype.
Drove an xDrive Coupe and I found it heavy and so unrefined compared to the TT.

I was considering the same but went with TT. I think "heavy" is a good word for the difference. You really feel the car moving from lane to lane but a lot of that is almost like it's cause you're fighting intertia. Very different drive feel.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by drgrey
Do you know when the prices will be released for the TT's and packages?
Thanks
Usually by mid June pricing is available, but it could be earlier depending on the model. I would expect small increase in base price, but package pricing likely be same as '17. The s-line package, if past gen is any indication, would be $3K to $3.5K option.

Quick Reply: What's the difference between 2017 and 2018 TT models