TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Help Me on My Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me on My Build

I went to the Rolex 24 Audi Experience in Daytona with my brother who owns an Audi A6.

We went on the hot laps in a RS3 - twice!

I got bit by the Audi incredible machine bug.

Now I want a TTRS.
I will be sharing this ride with my wife. It will not be our daily user. It will share that duty with our Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland.

I have a 93 RX-7 (for 25 years) which has reliability and many sport mods - 333 RWHP in a 2800lb car.
She hates it. Too low, have to warm it up and cool it down, the suspension is too rough etc.
I think the TTRS will be the perfect compromise between us.

So help me on some build decisions.

-She does not like the fixed wing. Too boy toy and likes the classier look of the adaptive rear spoiler.

-The 6K Dynamic package: The RS fixed sport suspension will be a problem. Too rough for her.

When she goes out for a ride I want it in comfort mode with the sport exhaust set to off!
The magnetic suspension would be better for her.

The ceramic brakes my dealer says they have had problems with them making noise and warping.

The car only goes 150-155mph stock which it will have to remain due to warranty so the 174 speed limiter is not needed.

I do like the CF engine cover and the OLED taillights.

My thoughts: If it was just my car I would get the fixed wing and the dynamic package.

Your thoughts?

Save the 6K for extras
Old 02-03-2018, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Comfort mode in the TTS has been accused of being too stiff. I haven’t heard similar about the R but you should bring her and test them. Also consider 18s if the R comfort mode is too stiff. Def ditch the boat anchor 20s for lightweight wheels. Some heavy hitters on here are rocking HREs with beautiful results.

Ditch the rear wing for the wife and research JB4 for warranty saving speed. Get a custom color for general overall coolness.

Last edited by ourlee; 02-04-2018 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:03 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I like the magride a lot and have just received my MSSkit suspension that will go on soon, this will allow me to lower the car a little and corner balance it. You can get a few tunes at the moment but if you want to keep your warranty intact JB4 will be the way to go although not currently offered for our car yet... although George from BMS tells me “soon”, it is taking a little while but I appreciate the fact that they are taking the time and not just racing to market. I ordered the car with the OLED (a sole $1200 option in Canada) but I dont think I would want the carbon brakes for a non track car as you really need to get them heated up properly to work right (maybe why they are having issues with them). I went for all the other options that were available at the time (March 2017 order with a July delivery) just not the Carbon brakes or fixed suspension, I will take my car on the track and have been doing a little ice racing but this is really my DD. I like the fixed rear spoiler as it isn’t over the top (Honda/Subaru) but is an RS feature love it or hate it. As far as aftermarket goes, I will tune it eventually but for the immediate stuff I have done some aesthetics (Black badges etc), the suspension, larger rear brakes and wrapping the car in Xpel Ultimate to keep the paint fresh without my OCD going crazy. I know I’ll eventually add the JB4 and water meth injection to keep the carbon at bay and I have the down pipe and midpipes sitting in the garage already...but that is all I really see in the future ATM, that said I’ve been known to go right off the deep end on every car I say that about...

Cheers!
Old 02-04-2018, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a new wife!

Seriously, I love my TT RS, but the 20" wheels and tires don't help the ride, and I DON'T have the Dynamic package. I just think that's something you will have to accept.

Love my car; probably the best car I have ever owned.