Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi owner in Virginia Beach

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Audi owner in Virginia Beach

New 2010 A5 Cabriolet owner, 1st Audi (PremiumPlus, Comfort, 19" Sport, Nav /MMI-3G, B&O) ...

Been reading through all the extensive posts on VCDS /VAGCOM, in particular about how to enable the voice commands which are disabled by default. A few quick questions..

1. The Ross-Tech cable, per multiple posts on this forum is the gold standard, but expensive. Anyone use the supposed "equivalent" cable by "VAG Diagnostics, Ltd." -link removed by forum Admin -

2. Any Audi Gurus in or near Virginia Beach, VA have a cable already, willing to show me how do change these codes?

Also, Regarding the Bluetooth for calls (using an Iphone 3g), I can pair perfectly, and the sound I hear through the speakers is crystal clear, however nobody can hear me --- it sounds on their end like loud static only, even when parked with the top up! Anyone else experience this? Any fixes?

Thanks, I look forward to reading more on these forums and getting to better know my Audi. Keep the good tips coming!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RadDoc2010
New 2010 A5 Cabriolet owner, 1st Audi (PremiumPlus, Comfort, 19" Sport, Nav /MMI-3G, B&O) ...

Been reading through all the extensive posts on VCDS /VAGCOM, in particular about how to enable the voice commands which are disabled by default. A few quick questions..

1. The Ross-Tech cable, per multiple posts on this forum is the gold standard, but expensive. Anyone use the supposed "equivalent" cable by *Removed link to company selling illegal products.*
1. No, that is a company selling pirated rubbish. Our HEX-USB+CAN would be appropriate for that vehicle:

VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic System) License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface

Also see our Authorized Distributor list.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Post edited to reflect copyright infringement by the aforementioned knock off diagnostic tool. I'm quite certain that most people are unaware of the legalities of the knock off cables, and I feel no harm was intended. However, right is right, and Ross Tech cables are the ONLY cables of their type that are legal to discuss on AudiWorld since any knockoff is an illegal copy of the Ross Tech cable.

Further, Ross Tech is a huge supporter and friend of our community, and I feel that they deserve the business from our users more than some criminals in China.

Finally, why skimp on something that theoretically has the ability to damage your very expensive car? You wouldn't put cheap gas in, cheap oil, cheap tires, why plug a cheap diag cable into the sensitive electrical system of your expensive new car?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was in no way aware that this product I referenced was "illegal"... I am very new to all this and did not mean to promote copyright infringement.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RadDoc2010
I was in no way aware that this product I referenced was "illegal"... I am very new to all this and did not mean to promote copyright infringement.
Yeah, so we'll move forward

If you have any further questions about our systems please let us know and we'll try to answer them prior to purchasing.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I know you didn't intend any harm. I was just intending to let you (and everyone else who read my post) know what was going on.