Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Act. for Ext. Noise, Fault 0005 - Incorrect Vehicle Type

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Act. for Ext. Noise, Fault 0005 - Incorrect Vehicle Type

Hi - I am posting for the first time - please be kind if this has been addressed! A slightly complex Question - I'll try to be brief.

Recently I tried to install a Kufatec Sound Booster, The SQ5 already has the sound module 8R0 907 160, & the actual speakers in the exhaust - activated in "Sport mode". My SQ5 does not have Audi Drive select (ADS) so I activated it (via this link
). The installation of the Kufatec sound booster should have been a simple Plug & Play, But no sound! So I have done the following - confirmed that the Kufatec module Is running (they have a great debugging page), & if I connect the Kufatec to the Laptop program I still get no sound.

So Next was to VCDS the Car & to my surprise there were initially 2 faults & then 4 faults on the Address C0: Act. for Ext. Noise with Fault code 0005 - Incorrect vehicle type, (See PDF attached)

The second Fault is simple - the plug on the actuator on left hand side was not fully inserted now inserted, The next 2 faults only arose After I tried deactivating the ADS & reactivating, so not too bothered - I think they will clear.

NOW the Main issue is that This was 1) never a retrofit & 2) the "0005 - Incorrect Vehicle type" occurred on the day that the car went for a service 15/9/2017 - Yes it was an Audi Dealership service

I am based in New Zealand. Has the dealership been instructed to Deactivate the external sound? If so How do I reactivate it?

Can anybody help, Please?
Attached Files
Old 02-03-2018, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dr.lumsden
Hi - I am posting for the first time - please be kind if this has been addressed! A slightly complex Question - I'll try to be brief.

Recently I tried to install a Kufatec Sound Booster, The SQ5 already has the sound module 8R0 907 160, & the actual speakers in the exhaust - activated in "Sport mode". My SQ5 does not have Audi Drive select (ADS) so I activated it (via this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0cws5oAc4M). The installation of the Kufatec sound booster should have been a simple Plug & Play, But no sound! So I have done the following - confirmed that the Kufatec module Is running (they have a great debugging page), & if I connect the Kufatec to the Laptop program I still get no sound.

So Next was to VCDS the Car & to my surprise there were initially 2 faults & then 4 faults on the Address C0: Act. for Ext. Noise with Fault code 0005 - Incorrect vehicle type, (See PDF attached)

The second Fault is simple - the plug on the actuator on left hand side was not fully inserted now inserted, The next 2 faults only arose After I tried deactivating the ADS & reactivating, so not too bothered - I think they will clear.

NOW the Main issue is that This was 1) never a retrofit & 2) the "0005 - Incorrect Vehicle type" occurred on the day that the car went for a service 15/9/2017 - Yes it was an Audi Dealership service

I am based in New Zealand. Has the dealership been instructed to Deactivate the external sound? If so How do I reactivate it?

Can anybody help, Please?
DOH it was the Open circuit that was at the service - It was I who some how created this mess with my attempt at activating the ADS in MMI.

Any help would be most appreciated by this Dumb ....
Old 03-20-2019, 11:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The problem solve is succesfully? I have the same problem.
Can somebody help me?
Old 03-22-2019, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Timtom
The problem solve is succesfully? I have the same problem.
Can somebody help me?
No solution yet. Dealer reset computer to factory, still no resolution, I installed Kufatec to try to get 6 differnt sound pitches, no sound out from actuators. Kufatec suggested trying to replace the actuators as they can fail. I have no abilty to try this. So stuck at this point
Old 03-23-2019, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

HH Sorry
Tomorrow i go to Audi.
Check sound actuator.
Probably actuator problem.
If one of them damaged the other will block.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Two aktuator problem.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The solution! OEM/Kufatec. Red line=welding