VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chinese ECU stuff.. anyone try it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 04:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese ECU stuff.. anyone try it?

Anyone try out the chinese tuner HW/SW stuff available via alibaba, etc? I'd like to backup my PES tuned ECU and start tuning it to match the additional stuff on the vehicle... the options out there - in the 'western' world are expensive, these options leave me with more to put into the car, but at what cost I wonder... thoughts anyone?

Fast free shipping V2.07 2014 newest Lifetime free update KTAG K TAG ECU Programming Tool Master KTAG K TAG ECU Chip Tunning-in Car Diagnostic Cables & Connectors from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

A+++ Quality V54 FGTECH GALLETTO 4 Master BDM TriCore OBD Unlock Version ECU Chip Tuning FG Tech Galletto 4 V54 with 8 langauges-in Diagnostic Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Radios,Odometers,Dashboards,Immobilizers Car Repair Tools Car Prog Carprog V6.80 Full Set 21 Adapters with highest qualtiy-in Car Diagnostic Cables & Connectors from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Shop audi ecu online - Buy audi ecu for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com
Old 10-05-2014, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since your other posts are in the B5 forum, I'm thinking you are out of warranty and not concerned about a TD1 flag.

I would be VERY careful with these 'tools' as they are typically not well designed or tested.

Worst case you'll need a new ECU.
Best case Jack can help you re-flash it to repair it - may want to check with him first anyway.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, am well out of warranty - and the car would be 'flagged' pulling into their lot - Eibach ProKit suspension, Milltek Catback, PES SC, and a huge number of other modifications. I just picked up an extra ECU and want to first backup and then clone my ECU (which PES put their 'tune' on) - since more modifications have happened since the PES install a few years after the car was purchased by the original owner (I'm second owner, and just rolled over 100k miles on 99.5 A4 - purchased it 3 years ago with 68k).

I agree re: shabby build quality from China. I did purchase a couple of these items and when they arrive I will let the group know what my 2 cents is on them. I am an electronic engineer with a fair bit of programming experience - though automotive related computers are outside my wheelhouse. Thanks for the referral to Jack. I will get hold of him and keep the group aprised of any experiences with these tuning options. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2022, 12:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I personally have had some Chinese ECUs, and I gotta say it's not that bad for the price. I haven't had any blow-up on me yet. I have had to change out a few sensors and the like, but nothing too bad. Chinese ECUs have been getting better in quality every year, and I'm sure they will continue to get better as time goes on. Do you really wat to get more information about automotive ECU SOftware embedded one is the best resource for you.