VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the HEX-NET worth it for a single vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is the HEX-NET worth it for a single vehicle?

I know that HEX-NET is wireless and that you can use your phone, but what do you guys see as the value proposition for a single vehicle owner (and likely the only Audi/VW my household will have)? It's a big jump from the HEX-V2 at $200 to the HEX-NET at $550, so trying to decide if it's worth the investment for the NET device.

Also, it looks like Ross Tech offers upgrades from older devices but their site does not mention a "trade-up" option for the new devices, so it seems like I have to decide now, before buying.

Last edited by Slappy_G; 08-20-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We do not currently have an upgrade path from a HEX-V2 to a HEX-NET since both are modern interfaces that are compatible with the latest vehicles. You'll have to decide whether the WiFi (and VCDS-Mobile) functions are worth it to you. Some people resell their older interfaces instead of trading them in, which is fine, as long as the buyer and seller both understand FAQ 3.10

Ross-Tech: FAQ Page 3
Old 08-24-2017, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Andy! That answers my questions for sure. Given that I'm just getting into Audi ownership and that I only have the 1 vehicle, the HEX-NET seems like a bit of a luxury spend for me vs the HEX-V2. As nice as phone access or wifi from my other PC would be, I think that the basic will do me just fine.

I'll get my order in tomorrow! I just drove cross-country the last 2 days and need some sleep first.