VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on swapping broken CCM !! And Symptoms

Old 10-17-2017, 05:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on swapping broken CCM !! And Symptoms

I need to know what I need to do to swap a matching, and working CCM into my Audi TT Coupe.

My 2002 Audi TT225Q Coupe was having some issues with the CCM for a while now but just recently, the Keyfob was intermittently not working and now it finally is completely useless. I changed the batteries in the Keyfob and tried multiple times to get it to resync, I got it to work for a bit yesterday but it was still a bit flaky until it stopped completely again. In addition to that, while inside the car doing miscellaneous stuff on trying to resync the key, randomly the trunk and gas cap buttons would be completely unresponsive until they randomly started working again out of no where.

ALSO**** I CAN'T connect to the (09)Central Control Module on my VCDS and it has been like that ever since I recoded it for Keyfob controlled windows, Auto locking doors, dash needles and gauges always lit, and one click unlock for both doors. Although, before I recoded it, I could connect to it on VCDS just fine.

My other symptoms include;
-The dome lights and vanity lights don't work unless the door is open (that has been like that since I installed LEDs about a year ago, I blew a fuse during the install.. I'm sure that didn't help)
-Sometimes my window wont adjust when opening the door until I turn the key in the ignition
-My console lock/unlock button has not worked since I recoded it; either the only response I get out of it is when i hit the unlock button and sometimes the locks will click but never does anything and when I hit the lock button.
-Another thing is that when my keyfob did work, sometimes the alarm wouldn't always beep when I locked it the first time, I would have to unlock and lock it back to get it to beep sometimes.

SO.. I ordered a Used "working perfect" CCM from eBay that matched the exact model number and was from a 2001 Audi TT Quattro but says it will work for a 2000-2002.

*******Anyway, my question is; what, if anything do I need to do to install it on my car. I know the exact location of the CCM as I had it out yesterday but is there any special coding procedure, programming i would need to do to make it work? I have a VAG scanner that can do coding and adaptation and all so I'm pretty sure I have the correct tools but I just need to know how to do it.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

And I'm really not too upset about the whole situation since I was able to find a CCM for $110 and Free Shipping online and it will hopefully fix my annoying issues.