VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ross-Tech / VAG-COM or the Schwaben VAG

Old 04-08-2016, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trying out ODBeleven. For $60 and if you have an Android device this seems to work well. I did the service reset and working on a list of things to change for my A6 C7.

Check this out:
Amazon.com: OBDeleven PRO Audi VW bluetooth diagnostic tool android vcd obd2 vag obdII com can: Automotive Amazon.com: OBDeleven PRO Audi VW bluetooth diagnostic tool android vcd obd2 vag obdII com can: Automotive
Old 04-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rig is driving again!
Thanx to Peak Transport in Bend!

Awesome shop and cheap!!

Cant be happier
Old 04-16-2016, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

1st;
Former owner had solder one of the proms in the computer=failure
(lot of thanx to GIAC, who found the failure there..)
2nd;
Former owner, again..! Grr.. had "fixed" the cover/fixture on/around the shifting unit at/in the transmission with liquid metal!! Seriously?? So the shifter wouldn't shift in more than drive, neutral or reverse!! ( I feel kinda stupid to not find/think of something like that)
Thank You Ryan Miles Owner, Peak Transport Inc!!

I really want to recommend the people at Peak Transport in Bend
Old 04-17-2016, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Kudos to you and the Peak Transport team for sticking with the problem!

What kind of pond scum does that to an Audi?

Suggest the Peak team go through the standard Audi certification list on your vehicle to see what other innovations you have inherited. Better to know and work out a mitigation plan, if needed.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by WuMu-tien
Kudos to you and the Peak Transport team for sticking with the problem!

What kind of pond scum does that to an Audi?

Suggest the Peak team go through the standard Audi certification list on your vehicle to see what other innovations you have inherited. Better to know and work out a mitigation plan, if needed.
Yep, we'll hope that I doesn't meet him in a back alley somewhere, who knows what happens!

And yes, Peak Transport did a scan on my rig and gave me a list of issues, they even looked thru other stuff at the same time, and again, on an affordable limit!
Strange thu, they have the Ross-Tech by wire and found the transmission issue, I have the Ross-Tech WIFI but mine did not want to read the transmission at all!??
How many times I connected mine, or tried other stuff, no reading of the transmission..?
Any input on this?
Old 04-21-2016, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glennlindh
.... they have the Ross-Tech by wire and found the transmission issue. I have the Ross-Tech WIFI but mine did not want to read the transmission at all!??
How many times I connected mine, or tried other stuff, no reading of the transmission..? Any input on this?
Did you join our forum and post this information in the HEX-NET section where our designers and others are looking to help people? The HEX-NET should find the tranny faults just like VCDS on a wired system. Might be you found a bug we need to work out. Would you mind going to our forum and posting there so we can work it with you? Thanks.

(I don't think I am allowed to link anything to our web site here. The forum link can be found under the blue bar at the top of the home page.)
Old 04-21-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bearthebruce
Did you join our forum and post this information in the HEX-NET section where our designers and others are looking to help people? The HEX-NET should find the tranny faults just like VCDS on a wired system. Might be you found a bug we need to work out. Would you mind going to our forum and posting there so we can work it with you? Thanks.

(I don't think I am allowed to link anything to our web site here. The forum link can be found under the blue bar at the top of the home page.)
Bruce,
Ross-Tech is an AudiWorld sponsor so it's permissible to link to anywhere on their website. Also, if you are an employee, you should send Kris Hansen a PM to have your username title changed to an Audiworld Sponsor.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compatibility

Originally Posted by bearthebruce
VAG-COM was the original name Ross-Tech released our product under in 2000. In 2006, VAG ptiched a hissy fit over our use of the letters VAG. We changed our product name to VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic System). So, Ross-Tech or VAG-COM? We are one!
Thank you,
I would also like to ask a few questions:
1) is there a Windows operating system requirement? Will this work with Windows 10?
2) Will this work with US Brands? (GM, Ford, etc)
3) do I need to buy any special software, adapters to support both GM and Audi?

Any other insight is greatly appreciated, I need to get one on order like yesterday.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

1 - Works with Windows 10 with no issues
2 - No
3 - you just buy the cable and the s/w and firmware updates will take place, based upon the cable to work on VAG vehicles (Audi, VW, etc...)

Originally Posted by RBarwig
Thank you,
I would also like to ask a few questions:
1) is there a Windows operating system requirement? Will this work with Windows 10?
2) Will this work with US Brands? (GM, Ford, etc)
3) do I need to buy any special software, adapters to support both GM and Audi?

Any other insight is greatly appreciated, I need to get one on order like yesterday.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

It WILL work on pretty much anything to read/clear the "generic" OBDII codes. It won't delve into the nitty gritty stuff that the factory scan tools can on any other marque than VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda.

I've used mine on our Subaru, on a Hyundai, etc.. Generic OBDII stuff, no problem at all.