Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ross Tech vs Snap On Modis and Autel Maxisys

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ross Tech vs Snap On Modis and Autel Maxisys

I am new to Audi ownership and learning some of the quirks of the computer systems. I have access to the Maxisys Autel, and a Snap On Modis. My friend that is an import mechanic claims these two systems can do anything I need. Having run into some abs related faults on a new vehicle, I'm curious if this is the case or if I do need to invest in the ross tech setup. (as I did with my Mercedes Star computer).

Thank you!
Old 06-01-2018, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autel Maxisys Elite is a good scanner

I have been a Ford Master Technician for 30 years and used about every brand diagnostic scanner Autel Maxisys Elite over the years from obd2tool.com and this one is hands down the best and most universal scanner I have used to date! Never once have I had an issue with the Blue Tooth connection between the scanner and the VCM unlike what we use at Ford. Programs keys perfectly, bi-directional controls work flawless and is very fast processing of live data....WAY faster than Snap On Versus and the software especially for Ford is almost identical to Fords software with the IDS we use at the dealership...I actually prefer my Autel over the IDS now.