VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlock doors when shift into Park? ('13 Q5)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlock doors when shift into Park? ('13 Q5)

Greetings! Posted this earlier this year on the Q5 board with little luck, so maybe the VAG-COM experts here are a better bet....

Acquired a 2013 Q5 Hybrid several months ago. Very happy with it so far. Not new to Audi (owned an '04 A4 and an '02 VW Passat Wagon -- held on to both for 10+ years -- and current other car is a '16 A3), but this Q5 has a little oddity I haven't dealt with in a long time. It doesn't automatically unlock the doors when I shift it into Park (while keeping the engine running). The other Audis I've owned did unlock the doors when shifting into Park, and I'm pretty sure the Passat did, too. (Heck, even the '12 Chevy Traverse I had for a couple of years did this by default!) But for the life of me, I cannot find anything in the MMI configurations (or even any reference in the owner's manual about this feature) that would allow me to set this up. So I know IF it's possible, it's going to have to be done with a deeper dive into the coding. So today, I had the car in to an Audi dealer for a regular maintenance, and inquired about it; they told me it's not possible with this car. So I'm really looking for a second opinion on this, because I'm having a really hard time believing that this simple (and common!) feature cannot be enabled for my car.

It's not really that big a deal, but I'm getting a little tired of forgetting to manually unlock the doors when I'm waiting in the parking lot to pick my kids up from school activities, etc., especially when I get the eye-roll after they've tried opening the locked door from the outside.

Any ideas? Is it truly just that some Audis can do this and others cannot? Any and all help or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!