VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which vagcom do I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, no bitch slap, not from me at least. These forums can be a bit funny with replies though. Not always easy to interpret the tone via text response. In all seriousness, I recommend the real deal Ross-Tech cable. If in doubt, see if you can get someone in your area to demo it for you. Even if you plan on just doing some quick setting changes, I think it is worth it in case the dealer ever blows away your settings or all of a sudden you get a warning on your dash display and want to know if it is bad enough to need a tow or if you can drive it to get serviced.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by REDixon87
Ok ok...judas priest! I was just wondering where everyone got their cables ha ha and was not expecting the verbal bitch slap from people. I will purchase the real cable, gosh!! I appreciate the tough love everyone
LOL. We've all seen others suffer with knock offs so....

You'll be very happy with VCDS and it'll pay for itself in no time.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2012 A6 (C7), currently their A6 page (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/car...ons/100a6.html) does not show support for it

Is VAG COM coming out with support for that any time soon?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ross Tech vagcom works on all Audi's, Vw's, etc...

the one you want is dependent on which type of pc connection you have...
I got the USB version for my windows laptop...
Old 01-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by manishaudi
I have a 2012 A6 (C7), currently their A6 page (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/car...ons/100a6.html) does not show support for it

Is VAG COM coming out with support for that any time soon?
The tool you need for the 2012 A6 - which is supported as we have one here at the office - is our VCDS License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface (http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html).
Old 02-24-2012, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by REDixon87
...was not expecting the verbal bitch slap from people.
Verbal advertising = priceless
Verbal bitchslapping = priceless + hilarious

Really, those were merely verbal dopesmacks.

I am shopping for the Ross-Com Vaginacom too. Their site is a bit, uh, verbose, but I knew I could find the precise info here regarding which product I need. And I did, and I got a chuckle, too, thanks to REDixon87, thanks man. Laughing WITH you, not AT you bro!
-Tom
Old 02-24-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by aTOMic*
Their site is a bit, uh, verbose
We'll take that as a compliment, thanks! There's 12 years of accumulated knowledge on our site. Yep, that's a lot of info. It's kinda like the internet as a whole; it just keeps growing, but that's why Google is worth $600 a share, and why there's a search box near the top of every page on our site.

-Uwe-
Old 02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Wow, a quick response from the big cheese @ Ross-Tech himself! Thanks! And it was a sort of compliment; I had too many tabs opened from your site - too much stuff I want to read - but after I found the chart comparing interfaces it was clear which one I needed.

Only 12 years? Seems longer. I have wanted a VCDS since shortly after I got my Passat in '98 and now I need one to work on the A8! It'll be worth the cost just to lower the car without even getting my hands dirty! I have the VCDS in my cart and I'll buy it first thing in the AM, maybe I could get an autographed "Uwe Edition" VCDS or something!
-Tom
Old 02-25-2012, 06:30 AM

Yep, only 12 years. The first version (Beta 0.50) was released in May of 2000. See the Revision History.

With a 2004 A8, you do indeed need it!

-Uwe-
Old 03-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I tired 2 different cheap cables to avoid paying 350 for a "cable." Pretty much wasted my money bc they couldn't do the same thing as ross tech cable plus had problems. Just buy the cable and save yourself the hassle. I'm all for lower pricing but 350 isn't that outrageous for what the software does. I didn't even second think it when the 2 other crap cables didn't work. Plus, I spent money on those trying to go the "cheaper" way. Called up ross tech, they told me what cable I needed and it arrived next day on standard shipping (I'm close to their business location).

If you don't know what cable to get, just give them a call and they will tell you. Very easy lol.

Quick Reply: which vagcom do I buy?