VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What will be future VAG-COM functions, if any? What is under development?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What will be future VAG-COM functions, if any? What is under development?
Old 05-30-2003, 04:41 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Why don't you tell us what you'd like to see?
Old 05-30-2003, 06:38 AM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default Palm support :):):) ...but seriously,

I think the thing that is necessary is better documentation of features that are vehicle specific. I have asked, and frequently see, questions such as "what can I do with..." and the writers are directed to generic pages that may, or may not, apply to their specific vehicle.

Clearly, VAG-com can't reprogram ECUs to give everyone 500hp, but I would sure like to see a chart, by vehicle type and MY, of what VAG-com can do. Separate spreadsheets for MY would do nicely, with the model variants across the top and the options down the left side. A check mark would indicate what function can be modified.

I think that a long time owner can probably figure out what they can do with it on their vehicle, but the spreadsheet would sure ease the minds of prospective users....

You can send me a free HEX-Com for my suggestions...
Old 05-30-2003, 01:24 PM

Default I have to come back to the torque-wrench analogy on this.

When you buy a torque wrench, you don't expect the manufacturer to give you a database of the torque values and tightening patterns for every fastener in every car that the wrench works with do you? Nope, you look up the the values and patterns in a manual for your exact car. The same logic applies to VAG-COM -- it's a tool!

Now as far as tweaks: We simply cannot test every tweak on every year of every model of car that VAG-COM works with. For one thing, we don't have the cars. IMO, what you're asking for is a job for the user-community that has a particular model.

-Uwe-
Old 05-30-2003, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default An option so you can display "real time readings" in a BIG font format...

I know you're not suppose to look at your laptop while you drive... but suppose I do.

It would be very cool to have a "full screen" display where you can see Block 003 Mass Air Flow in big red font like Arial 72pts., with a "memory" of the higest number reach during the testing...
Old 05-31-2003, 05:45 AM

Default That could easily be added by anyone interested,

just add it to VAG-Scope. VAG-Scope is open source and has access to the measuing block data in real-time.

-Uwe-<ul><li><a href="http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-scope/downloads.html#scope-source">VAG-Scope Source Code Download Page</a></li></ul>
Old 06-02-2003, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Support for BMW cars - for those of us with another German car in the family.

Uwe - I emailed you once about this around a year ago. My offer to be a beta tester still stands. BTW I've got the twin-USB setup on a XP-home toshiba.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:28 AM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree that the user community.....

....can help you with tweaks for specific models. I'm sure that the community will help IF you ask for it and give the members an easy way of supplying input.

VAG-COM is quite different from a torque wrench - VAG-COM does different things for different cars and the user shouldn't be expected to try to sort through it all - while a torque wrench does one thing - tells you how many lbs-ft of pressure are being placed on a bolt/nut.