Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A6 1997 Audi A6 quattro wagon V6 2.8L mechanic project or parts near Kingston NY

Old 09-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Audi A6 quattro wagon V6 2.8L mechanic project or parts near Kingston NY

WAS RUNNING, COMPLETE CAR WITH ENGINE: could be an easy fix for the right person. Double your money or gain a good driver with a little work!

Audi A6 avant (wagon) quattro AWD (all-wheel drive) with 2.8L V6 AFC engine (actual model year 1998 but the wagon version was carried over from 1997 with C4 platform) compatible with most parts from 1992-1997 A4 or A6.

White/tan leather interior, dark midnight blue exterior, power everything, sunroof works, heated seats, 3rd row seats in back fold down flat.
V6 engine 2.8L single-overhead cam 12-valve has plenty of power and torque (when running),
Treated body from factory is very resistant to rust and will stay solid for many years.

Was running great, has about 125,000 miles, clean inside and out. It was our daily driver until the engine blew a head gasket.
It still turns over and cranks but has not run due to poor compression.
It only needs piston rings since I already had the heads done, professionally surfaced and tested, with new gaskets but now compression is still low in 3 cylinders which increases when cylinders are lubed which indicates rings. Rings are cheap and easy but means the engine must be pulled out. I have too many projects and need to pay some bills, otherwise I would just do it.

Feel free to contact with any questions. See photos below, or request more images if you need?
These are amazing cars that handle like a dream... so come get it before I change my mind and fix it!
Email is best (or message me) or text or call 646-484-8058.
Car is located near highway 209 between Kingston and Ellenville with easy access by tow truck or trailer. I might be able to use my roadside assist and transport it to you or your mechanic within 95 miles (maybe).
Please MAKE AN OFFER!
-> NOTE: this car is NOT RUNNING and is being SOLD AS-IS. must be TOWED. <-

Recent work:
New battery,
Heads just surfaced and tested,
New head gaskets, intake and valley pan gasket,
New timing belt and serpentine accessory belt service, including new idler & tensioner rollers,
New water pump and thermostat, had all new G12 pink coolant (must be correct for these engines),
New temperature sensor,
New oil change and filter with full synthetic Pentosin 5w-40,
New wiper blades,
New exhaust flange bolts & proper springs joining catalytic pipe to rear,
New rear brakes both sides left and right, totally new calipers with hydraulic slave cylinders, brake pads still good,
New parking brake cable,
New transmission filter kit (parts only) included.
Wheels shown are not included (winter tires) available separately, comes with stock 15" Audi wheels with decent tires.
Even as-is the car has value for all the good parts.

I'm asking $1450 OBO but please don't low ball since I could part it out and make that easy.
KBB blue book value for a good A6 is about $5,000 so with a few cheap parts and some labor, this could be worth fixing.
Thank you.