Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other 2000 B5 S4 MT Black/ecru. 143k miles. Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 B5 S4 MT Black/ecru. 143k miles. Chicago

2000 Audi B5 S4 MT. 143k miles. Black exterior, ecru interior. Chicago. $6000

This is the best B5 on.... It’s well tuned, in very good condition and has a unique history. This car was originally owned by Josef Hoppen. Mr Hoppen was the director of Audi Sport, North America (the company’s racing division). He supervised Porsche CanAm dominance. This was also during the introduction and heyday of Quattro with six consecutive wins at Pikes Peak! The cars were so dominant that they were actually penalized for having an unfair advantage, namely all wheel drive! Buy this car and you can have an unfair advantage too 😃.

Since leaving Audi he owned a speed and racing shop in Florida. They were the sole US distributor for Motoren Technik Mayer, MTM. MTM were once poised to be the equivalent of AMG for Audi.

The car was Mr Hoppen’s personal vehicle which he tuned to MTM Stage 3 (the first in the US). That consisted of chip, turbo back exhaust, Samco hoses, bi pipe and y-pipe. The suspension was upgraded with Eibach and Bilstein. Which is included but the car has stock suspension now.

Since I’ve owned the car it was further modified by Audi Performance and Racing in Chicago. They installed K04 turbos and lots of RS4 parts: intakes, inner coolers, airbox, intake cam, high flow injectors and MAF. The programming was changed to APR. It has three octane settings (89, 93&100).

The exterior is in good condition. The front bumper was modified to look more like an RS4: custom body work and RS4 grills. It also has a rear lip spoiler on the trunk. The chrome rings and MTM badge is Plastidipped flat black. The windows are tinted. There is a sunroof wind deflector that was never installed.

The front rotors are brand new. The brake pads are also new EBC Red-stuff and there are stainless braided brake hoses. The transmission only has 50k miles on it due to a failed synchro. It has a Tanaga short shifter. There is an AWE drivetrain stabilizer and upgraded engine mounts.

The car comes with at least 2 sets of 5-17” wheels. All are in very good condition. The stock Avus wheels are Plastidipped black and have Dunlop WinterSport tires in great condition. The other set are rare Ronal (they made factory wheels for Audi and others) R5 “bulldogs”. They need new tires. There is a third set of rare BBS RC which are also for sale.

The interior is in excellent condition. The leather is supple, no rips and minimal creases. The arm rest lid is perfect. There is a custom red LED inside the lid which is powered by the phone plug. In the center vent there is an AWE boost gauge. The center display does have missing pixels. There are all weather floor mats: front, rear and trunk. There is also a cargo net in the trunk.

There is a Bluetooth kit and iPod adapter. There is a built in Valentine 1 remote display. I have a Phatnoise but it’s disconnected in favor of the iPod.

The car has been garage kept and religiously maintained: regular oil changes, water pump and timing belt changes. I’m selling because I have replaced the car.

I just got an ABS light come on. It’s probably the controller which can be easily repaired. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...-pics-2797650/

Last edited by Audiholics Anonymous; 12-05-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi s4

Hey is the Audi S4 still available
Old 12-23-2018, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes. It’s still available.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default ABS fixed

The ABS light has been corrected. There was a bad wheel speed sensor which was replaced.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

If selling separately I’d be interested in the Bilstein/springs. Had this on my first B5 when new, and would be a good addition to my new one
Old 09-05-2019, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
If selling separately I’d be interested in the Bilstein/springs. Had this on my first B5 when new, and would be a good addition to my new one
Ill keep you in mind if buyer doesn’t want them.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have extensive documentation: letter from Audi to Mr Hoppen, receipts from MTM and APR upgrades and ALL service records.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

PMed
Old 09-24-2019, 12:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Still available?

If this is still available could you message me?
Old 09-26-2019, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

It is. PM sent

Quick Reply: Audi Other 2000 B5 S4 MT Black/ecru. 143k miles. Chicago